Is 4hr enough at JBP?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hackie

Jan 18, 2002
Visit site
i'm thinking of going JBP to test out my 'skills' later. but i can onli reach around 2 and the closing time is 6. is 4 hrs sufficient to walk ard the whole park and shooting??!! long time din go liao so no idea how big the park is.... dun wanna make it a wasted incomplete trip... thanks.. :p

Originally posted by hackie
i'm thinking of going JBP to test out my 'skills' later. but i can onli reach around 2 and the closing time is 6. is 4 hrs sufficient to walk ard the whole park and shooting??!! long time din go liao so no idea how big the park is.... dun wanna make it a wasted incomplete trip... thanks.. :p

my take is just go.........even if u came back with only a few keeper shots, at least u went there to see the ground, and the next time u go, you will know how to walk around.

thanks reddawn.. think i'll go tmlo then.. dun wanna waste $12.. keke..

I'd would suggest you check the programmes...certain shows are conducted in the morning, i.e. hornbills while some inthe afternoon...besides the lighting conditions will be very different, not to mention the energy level of the birds...;)

Originally posted by AdamGoi
I'd would suggest you check the programmes...certain shows are conducted in the morning, i.e. hornbills while some inthe afternoon...besides the lighting conditions will be very different, not to mention the energy level of the birds...;)

thanks adam. went on sunday. stopid weather alternating btwn sunny, overcast and drizzle..... pissed... :p

If you do quite a bit of shooting (and waiting around for the birds to "get into" position), no, 4 hrs is far from enough to cover the entire park. In fact, do try to target certain species of birds on certain days and timeslots once you have gone through the whole park as different types of birds will be more active during different parts of the day. ;)

Originally posted by Edmund
If you do quite a bit of shooting (and waiting around for the birds to "get into" position), no, 4 hrs is far from enough to cover the entire park. In fact, do try to target certain species of birds on certain days and timeslots once you have gone through the whole park as different types of birds will be more active during different parts of the day. ;)

thanks for the tip, edmund. did a ground recce covering the whole park and shoot when i have the chance. my poor gf was tired out... hee.. hope to join u seasoned birds in the next outing. :)

should apply for membership and will save more $$ if you think you will go back a few times ...
:)

Originally posted by mpenza
bring your DBS/POSB card if you have any and save 20% off the entrance fee.

ya. did tat. $9.20 after discount.. hehe..

Originally posted by megaweb
should apply for membership and will save more $$ if you think you will go back a few times ...
:)

dun think i'll go so often although i go boon lay every sun (send my gf home) *pengz*
very far leh... hehe...

saw a guy using pro90 on a monopod. tot it's u.. but remember seeing ur pic b4.. hmm.. u r not tat old and errr..... slim..... hehee..... :rbounce:

dun think i'll go so often although i go boon lay every sun (send my gf home) *pengz*
very far leh... hehe...

saw a guy using pro90 on a monopod. tot it's u.. but remember seeing ur pic b4.. hmm.. u r not tat old and errr..... slim..... hehee..... :rbounce:

i see .. with the membership , u can take your time to focus on certain type of birds you like.... just like willy :D

old man using pro 90 + monopod ? I saw him b4 during my previous trip .. he saw my pro 90 + b300 and started to ask me where to get it ... I think he is the regular there ...

Originally posted by megaweb

i see .. with the membership , u can take your time to focus on certain type of birds you like.... just like willy :D

old man using pro 90 + monopod ? I saw him b4 during my previous trip .. he saw my pro 90 + b300 and started to ask me where to get it ... I think he is the regular there ...

he was using B300 and some kinda flat flash.. and he keeps getting into my way when i try to shoot....!@#$%^&*()

Status
Not open for further replies.