Iran Air 727 emergency landing without front wheels

Good thing airplanes are tested and reinforced for this.

Outstanding pilot. If he screwed up, it means hundreds of lives lost.

omg, i took iran air only last Jun.. and yes, there was one flight which was really scary because of the turbulence.. it felt like it almost wanted to crash.

luckily i wasnt on it..

Chit-chatted with some rather friendly aircraft maintenance engineers from a certain Iranian national airline before, there were quite proud of the fact that they are able to maintain their 30 to 40 years old fleet of Boeing 747 without any authorised OEM spares (copious amounts of aluminium tape and epoxy adhesive was utilised or so I was told) and even engage in some limited aircraft modifications though I am unaware if the United States and European Union sanctions against Iran has since been lifted. :bsmilie:

That said, Iran does have a rather independent, self-reliant aerospace industry.

Last edited:
The skills were really incredible. He managed to keep the nose up while the plane slowed down to almost a stop before the nose finally contacted the ground.

Another crack pilot. 1 Nov 2011 Polish pilot lands Boeing 767 jet on its belly in Warsaw when the landing gear failed to deploy. None injured. Polish LOT airline flight, carrying 231 people. Outstanding.

[video=youtube;chibKHxis1g]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=chibKHxis1g[/video]

Last edited: