IR pano

Status
Not open for further replies.

phuong

Apr 8, 2006
the photo consists of 16 images shot at iso400. clearly the condition wasn't best for IR as clouds were everywhre and leaves on the trees still hadn't grown yet. but at least the clouds made the shadows a lot less harsh. the stitched image has incredible details but unfortunately there's no way to show it on the web :/
also you can see that the trees don't have leaves but the top of their branches are white. i guess something "leafy" is growing there :D

McGill_small.jpg

Nice and straight. Looks like a nice big image without any distortion, print it :D

Nice picture and good stitching. :thumbsup:

However does not look that wide to me. Seems like can be captured with wide angle lens without the need to take 16 shots.

Care to share on more info regarding the shots?

it feels more like a 6 x 7 to me ...but yah..still very nice and straight

yeah..print it BIG...at least A0 Size :D

Nice picture and good stitching. :thumbsup:

However does not look that wide to me. Seems like can be captured with wide angle lens without the need to take 16 shots.

Care to share on more info regarding the shots?

i shot it with the 70-200mm/2.8 IS at 135mm - Canon rebel xt. i didn't intend to make a wide field-of-view shot. i was kinda just trying to overcome the resolution limit of the camera. the stitched image is 7558x7558=57.1Mpx, over 3 times bigger than the 1DsII's 16.7Mpx :D
by the way the same view can't be captured by a wide angle lens because those lens tend to distort buildings (straight lines are converged or curved)

thanks all for C&C :)

another shot from the same series. i managed to get some cloud out of it

downtown_small.jpg

Hi Phuong, nice one! If can capture with coulds would be even better :)

Status
Not open for further replies.