IR Outing #8 (2007), 14th October 2007 @ Expo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Francis247

Jul 10, 2005
Hougang, Punggol
forums.clubsnap.com
Hi Guys and Gals,

Sorry to start this outing so late, was out looking for the place to run this IR Outing. :sweat:
This might be the last outing for the next 1.5 months as I will disappear to concentrate on my Masters studies after this.

Date: 14th October 2007 (Sunday)
Time: 0930hrs
Meeting Place: Simei MRT Station

For those meeting for breakfast, please meet @ 0815, Simei MRT. We will set off @ 0900 to 0910. Thank you.

1. Francis247

Please try to settle your own breakfast as I don't know where to find places to eat around this area. Apologies.

Francis,

If you guys meet at Simei MRT station instead, you'll find a lot of coffee shops, burger joints even an Old Chung Kee that sells traditional breakfast items like bee hoon, nasi lemak, etc at the Eastpoint Shopping Mall, next to the MRT.

From there, there is a path that leads directly to the Expo that was completed a couple of months back. The path runs parallel to the MRT tracks and the huge ITE Campus and is about 1km. The scene along this path is quite good for IR too, trees, grass, paths, buildings, etc, you might want to give it a try.

Cheers,
Matt

count me in, wont be able to use the comp until my next book out.
save me a slot =D

Francis,

If you guys meet at Simei MRT station instead, you'll find a lot of coffee shops, burger joints even an Old Chung Kee that sells traditional breakfast items like bee hoon, nasi lemak, etc at the Eastpoint Shopping Mall, next to the MRT.

From there, there is a path that leads directly to the Expo that was completed a couple of months back. The path runs parallel to the MRT tracks and the huge ITE Campus and is about 1km. The scene along this path is quite good for IR too, trees, grass, paths, buildings, etc, you might want to give it a try.

Cheers,
Matt

Hi Matt,

Thanks for the advice. That is a good suggestion. My first worry is for those who drive and the next is that I am not familiar with the East even though I stay in the NE. :embrass::embrass::embrass:

Hi Matt,

Thanks for the advice. That is a good suggestion. My first worry is for those who drive and the next is that I am not familiar with the East even though I stay in the NE. :embrass::embrass::embrass:

No worries actually, the place is pretty easy to navigate.

Also, there's a multi-story car park next to the MRT that is FREE on Sunday.

Those who drive will find this particularly important because on Sundays, there are two or three giant churches that occupy the Expo, so the entire Expo car park and the surrounding road sides are completely FULL.

The path to the Expo from Simei MRT is really easy to locate, you come out of the MRT, cross the road directly in front of the MRT and the path is there. There is also a bus, #38 directly outside the MRT station that goes to the Expo too, so after a hot morning of shooting, you could take the bus back if you don't want to walk. :)

No worries actually, the place is pretty easy to navigate.

Also, there's a multi-story car park next to the MRT that is FREE on Sunday.

Those who drive will find this particularly important because on Sundays, there are two or three giant churches that occupy the Expo, so the entire Expo car park and the surrounding road sides are completely FULL.

The path to the Expo from Simei MRT is really easy to locate, you come out of the MRT, cross the road directly in front of the MRT and the path is there. There is also a bus, #38 directly outside the MRT station that goes to the Expo too, so after a hot morning of shooting, you could take the bus back if you don't want to walk. :)

Sounds like a good idea. Worse come to worse, just take an MRT down to Expo with is 2 stops away. :sweat:

Hi Guys and Gals,

Sorry to start this outing so late, was out looking for the place to run this IR Outing. :sweat:
This might be the last outing for the next 1.5 months as I will disappear to concentrate on my Masters studies after this.

For those meeting for breakfast, please meet @ 0815, Simei MRT. We will set off @ 0900 to 0910. Thank you.

1. Francis247
2. log1t3ch

Hi Guys and Gals,

1. Francis247
2. log1t3ch
3. u2nofear

Hi Guys and Gals,

1. Francis247
2. log1t3ch
3. Montmelo

Hi Guys and Gals,

1. Francis247
2. log1t3ch
3. Montmelo
4. u2nofear

Hi Guys and Gals,

Sorry to start this outing so late, was out looking for the place to run this IR Outing.

1. Francis247
2. log1t3ch
3. Montmelo
4. u2nofear
5. white5tar

edited

forgot i have a car grooming session that day in the morning.
have fun =)

Hi Guys and Gals,

Sorry to start this outing so late, was out looking for the place to run this IR Outing.

1. Francis247
2. log1t3ch
3. Montmelo
4. u2nofear
5. white5tar
6. teerex

You'll see this directly outside the MRT station when you come down the escalator.

medium.jpg

Follow the path under the tracks to its end to get to the Expo.

Cheers,
Matt

Hi Guys and Gals,

1. Francis247
2. log1t3ch
3. Montmelo
4. u2nofear
5. white5tar
6. teerex
7. incastasman (TBC)

Hi,

I am interested to know more about IR photography. However, I have yet to own an IR filter. Will I be allow to join the coming outing?

Hi Guys and Gals,

1. Francis247
2. log1t3ch
3. Montmelo
4. u2nofear
5. white5tar
6. teerex
7. incastasman (TBC)
8. Dennis (TBC)

Sure come along.
Some of us have extra IR filter to loan out.
Let us know what size you need.

Hi,

I am interested to know more about IR photography. However, I have yet to own an IR filter. Will I be allow to join the coming outing?

Hi Guys and Gals,

1. Francis247
2. log1t3ch
3. Montmelo
4. u2nofear
5. white5tar
6. teerex
7. incastasman (TBC)
8. Dennis (TBC)
9. darklt (TBC)

Status
Not open for further replies.