IR Outing #3 (2008), 13th July 2008 @ Hort Park

Status
Not open for further replies.

Francis247

Jul 10, 2005
Hougang, Punggol
forums.clubsnap.com
Hi All,

It has been long since we last had any IR outing due to my new job and also the bad and wet weather. The outings are moving ultra slow this year. My apologies. Time to kick start the 3rd outing. All those who are interested in learning more about IR Photography are most welcome to join. Our IR Outings has been Regardless of which camera model you are using, hobbyist or pro or newbies, all are welcome.

Please put your nick/name in the outing list if you are interested. We are an open group and there is no limit the size of our outings.

Date: 13th July 2008 (Sunday)
Time: 0930hrs
Meeting Place: Sean Im Hawker Centre

For those meeting for breakfast, please meet at hawker centre at Sean Im at 0800 to 0830. Please indicate if you want to meet for breakfast. Thanks.

1. Francis247

For those meeting for breakfast, please meet at hawker centre at Sean Im at 0800 to 0830. Please indicate if you want to meet for breakfast. Thanks.

1. Francis247
2. L-A-D

I don't mind coming as the last time i went to hort park my camera did early. but you shouldn't meet at seah im and it will take you about two hours to reach hort park. by then you will be tired. I went with full equipment and got lost. I went at noon came out at eight. I walked all the way to NUH and NUS by accident. Imagine full equipment (abt 8kg) on a small 1.43m tall boy who hates sports. I died at the start where there was so many staircases.

I don't mind coming as the last time i went to hort park my camera did early. but you shouldn't meet at seah im and it will take you about two hours to reach hort park. by then you will be tired. I went with full equipment and got lost. I went at noon came out at eight. I walked all the way to NUH and NUS by accident. Imagine full equipment (abt 8kg) on a small 1.43m tall boy who hates sports. I died at the start where there was so many staircases.

Um, you can take various buses from Harborfront Center side (opposite Seah Im), such as bus 100 and 166, and various other buses. It's exactly six stops, excluding the stop you take at.

Sky

1. Francis247
2. L-A-D
3. sq moon (where is Sean Im Hawker Centre??)

1. Francis247
2. L-A-D
4. teerex (BF)

Um, you can take various buses from Harborfront Center side (opposite Seah Im), such as bus 100 and 166, and various other buses. It's exactly six stops, excluding the stop you take at.

Sky

Hi there,

We are meeting at Seah Im first for attendance and breakfast, then we will take bus to BP Tower (6 stops like what Sky had suggested) and move off from there. Of course you are given the option to meet us at Hort Park directly, no worries. ;)

Just contact me or if you see a branch of guys with cameras and tripods, that is us. :bsmilie:

Hi Matthew,

Haven't see you for a long time. Hope that you are well. Seah Im Hawker Centre is at the Harbourfront Bus Interchange. We will be there for breakfast. You can meet us at Hort Park straight if you want. Cheerz. :)

Hi Francis, i am new and intrested in this outing. However, i do not have any IR filter, can i join the outing?

Hi Francis, i am new and intrested in this outing. However, i do not have any IR filter, can i join the outing?

Hi there,

All are welome. Don't worry about getting the filter. Just come and try out. I will get more of the regulars to come down so that we can get more filters to go around.

What size will you be needing? :)

1. Francis247
2. L-A-D
4. teerex (BF)
5. thl (BF)

Hi there,

All are welome. Don't worry about getting the filter. Just come and try out. I will get more of the regulars to come down so that we can get more filters to go around.

What size will you be needing? :)

I have 3 lens canon 50mm f1.8 (52mm), 55-250 f4-f5.6 (58mm) and tamron 17-50 f2.8(67mm)

Err which type is most prefered? Thanks

1. Francis247
2. L-A-D
4. teerex (BF)
5. thl (BF)
6. PC Kee (Hort park enterance)

I have 3 lens canon 50mm f1.8 (52mm), 55-250 f4-f5.6 (58mm) and tamron 17-50 f2.8(67mm)

Err which type is most prefered? Thanks

You may want to try with the Tamron 17-50. I have a spare 67mm Hoya R72 to loan out for the shoot (if you don't have one).

OK. thank you thank you. First time taking IR.

No problem.

We're not too familiar with the Canon system. So setting the CWB for IR may take some gropping around. But I'm sure you know your system well enough to get the CWB set.

Anyway Francis have helped some guys previously, should not be a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.