Ipod Mini

Status
Not open for further replies.

tzechuan

Sep 17, 2003
Visit site
The ipod mini's gonna be launched soon...anyone has got any feedback using the other ipod series...

perhaps you would like to share with me the pros and cons.......as i am comtemplating one.....

thanks in advance! :) :thumbsup: or :thumbsd:

No point, its not that much smaller from the ipod 15gb and cost only slightly less. Not a wise investment I would say.

tzechuan said:
The ipod mini's gonna be launched soon...anyone has got any feedback using the other ipod series...

perhaps you would like to share with me the pros and cons.......as i am comtemplating one.....

This is a "cool factor" device. You could get a Muvo2 4GB for less, and immediately, or a IPOD 15GB for only a little bit more and only 50g heavier. But neither are as cool as the mini. If you have less than 4GB worth of MP3, the mini's a good bet. Otherwise, find something with more capacity, like the bigger IPods.

yeah......

ipod mini 4GB costs $458 and ipod 15GB costs $548.... mwith a difference of $90.... seems like the latter makes a better investment.....

though i think i may not utilise all the 15GB!!!!!! that's hell a lot of MP3s!!!!!!!!! :bsmilie:

i want to get one myself. A friend of mine bought a set of five (diff colours) so that he can get it on 24th July, otherwise have to wait a bit longer.

I don't listen to music so much, this is not something I need but something I want. We live only once!

wah :bigeyes: your friend bought 5 !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ipod 3 Gen user here, the only cons so far is the battery!

cannot last more than 8 hrs of play :(

tzechuan said:

plinius said:
Ipod 3 Gen user here, the only cons so far is the battery!

cannot last more than 8 hrs of play :(

er.... the battery is rated for 8 hours of playing, what do you expect ? :dunno:

chriszzz said:
This is a "cool factor" device. You could get a Muvo2 4GB for less, and immediately, or a IPOD 15GB for only a little bit more and only 50g heavier. But neither are as cool as the mini. If you have less than 4GB worth of MP3, the mini's a good bet. Otherwise, find something with more capacity, like the bigger IPods.

I agree. My choice is also MuVo2 4GB, the battery life is up to 14 hrs. The design ain't that bad either.

i mean the playin hr could be longer than 8 hrs, currently there are other players with longer playin hrs.....(and pse dun ask me to go get those player than, i just pointing out what i feel abt the cons of the Ipod, i am still a happy user)

for my Ipod it is definitely less than 8 hrs, i start work at 830am, listen to it on and off, at abt 5 plus..the batt is at last bar liao.....

caseytan said:
er.... the battery is rated for 8 hours of playing, what do you expect ? :dunno:

plinius said:
i mean the playin hr could be longer than 8 hrs, currently there are other players with longer playin hrs.....(and pse dun ask me to go get those player than, i just pointing out what i feel abt the cons of the Ipod, i am still a happy user)

for my Ipod it is definitely less than 8 hrs, i start work at 830am, listen to it on and off, at abt 5 plus..the batt is at last bar liao.....

then be happy with your ipod then :) or get a 2G ipod, can last 10 hours :D I've done it 2-3 times, leave it on after a full charge and it really lasts 10 hours of continuous playing.

anyway you can always get the Belkin External Battery Pack, then you can listen to your ipod for few hours more :blah:

i am just pointing this out to the starter of this thread, just in case he needs the extended hr of play if he is outdoor most of the time.....

The Belkin External Battery Pack is not cheap too, costs from 80+ to 100+ depending on which shop u go to....also u need to carry xtra stuffs....

i repeat again.. I am HAPPY with my IPOD..... or is it that I am happy so I cannot list things that i think that could be improved upon?

caseytan said:
then be happy with your ipod then :) or get a 2G ipod, can last 10 hours :D I've done it 2-3 times, leave it on after a full charge and it really lasts 10 hours of continuous playing.

anyway you can always get the Belkin External Battery Pack, then you can listen to your ipod for few hours more :blah:

Actually these were the prices of the iPods a week back:

15GB $488
20GB $608
40GB $728

At Sim Lim. There was a promotion.

Got my 15GB from Parisilk at Holland V 2 days ago. Standard price there is $490 excluding taxes. The salesman said the 4GB model would only be slightly cheaper. If you're not in a hurry, wait till Sept. Apple will be launching its new Imac and I wouldn't be surprised to see variations on the standard Ipod.

Minimalis said:
Actually these were the prices of the iPods a week back:

15GB $488
20GB $608
40GB $728

At Sim Lim. There was a promotion.

pipefish said:
Got my 15GB from Parisilk at Holland V 2 days ago. Standard price there is $490 excluding taxes. The salesman said the 4GB model would only be slightly cheaper. If you're not in a hurry, wait till Sept. Apple will be launching its new Imac and I wouldn't be surprised to see variations on the standard Ipod.

Hope the 4G ipod has the size of the new Sony 20GB player (http://www.macnn.com/news/25304), while retaining its cool design and generous capacity. That would be a even bigger killer.

i remember somebobdy told me never buy into the first generation of new products from Apple. always most expensive and in a relatively short time, there will be upgrades. looking a the G1 & 2 ipods and the G3 ones, quite alot of difference and better interface. i stick my money into the 15g ipod anytime.

My thoughts - i would go for a 15GB ipod instead of mini. Clear reasons have been indicated - price - diff btw 4gb and 15gb too small. unless size is a concern. Furthermore, for the 15Gb you can use as a harddisk or backup to your PC or laptop. Connection is via USB or Firewire. This is what I do with my 15gb.

thank you to those who have contributed their opinions to this thread...

guess the battery life of the ipod would be the only issue i have .... :think:

tzechuan said:
guess the battery life of the ipod would be the only issue i have .... :think:

That's why I still love my old iRiver, I can't even remember when was
my last change of AA batts.

Status
Not open for further replies.