Ipod Mini Vs. Creative Zen Micro (aka Ipod-Killer)


Status
Not open for further replies.

XXX Boy

New Member
Jan 11, 2004
1,159
0
0
42
GEYLAND LOR 15 LO
#1
After seeing The Straits Times "Digital Life" section, now Gian-Gian in buying MP3 player.
But which is better???
Should support local products or not?
What u think?
 

zorro18

New Member
Jan 12, 2004
474
0
0
earth
#2
play with the 2 and take the one that suits yr needs.

I wanted to get a Zen-micro but when i saw the colors @ Sitek, they put me off. The color-shades were so lian-looking and just didnt look rite....i guess it was deliberate...ipod=pastel-colors vs creative=flourescent

I liked my mp3 to be red but the zen micro red was awful....guess i will have to get another green ipod mini to replace my blue...
 

XXX Boy

New Member
Jan 11, 2004
1,159
0
0
42
GEYLAND LOR 15 LO
#3
zorro18 said:
play with the 2 and take the one that suits yr needs.

I wanted to get a Zen-micro but when i saw the colors @ Sitek, they put me off. The color-shades were so lian-looking and just didnt look rite....i guess it was deliberate...ipod=pastel-colors vs creative=flourescent

I liked my mp3 to be red but the zen micro red was awful....guess i will have to get another green ipod mini to replace my blue...
How about the black Zen Micro? Looks more nicer rite???
 

fengwei

Moderator
Staff member
Aug 25, 2004
14,462
12
0
Queenstown
www.pbase.com
#4
I'd like to have the iPod black/white U2 special edition ;p That one is really coo :cool:

If only I didn't have my iRiver 799 :(
 

XXX Boy

New Member
Jan 11, 2004
1,159
0
0
42
GEYLAND LOR 15 LO
#5
fengwei said:
I'd like to have the iPod black/white U2 special edition ;p That one is really coo :cool:

If only I didn't have my iRiver 799 :(
I think the U2 Ipod is a Limited Edition one...so the cost should be higher than the normals one. :sweat:
 

XXX Boy

New Member
Jan 11, 2004
1,159
0
0
42
GEYLAND LOR 15 LO
#7
jodie_tan said:
Hiaz...if you guys wanna buy mp3s...get the ipod photo. It's good and suitable for us photoshooters
But the screen is damn small and very pricey le! :nono:
 

jsbn

Senior Member
Jul 24, 2002
2,944
0
0
Planet Eropagnis
#8
If one thinks being patrotic/support Singapore = buy local products, I think its consumer shallowness in perfect demonstration.

One shld buy according to their needs and wants. Not buying for the sake of buying (unless u damn rich den I nothing to say).

Official retail prices here: http://www.apple.com.sg/store

And of cos, papers are never, never the best place for reviews. After all, journalists are journalists. Not professional IT product reviewers. I'll goto iPodlounge for reviews.
 

RossChang

New Member
May 2, 2004
1,549
0
0
rossblogspace.blogspot.com
#9
Zen Mini SUckx... tried it out in sitex and it's a total disappointment. the Scroll Touch section is totally screw up. Tried to scroll and ends up being a Click... Tried a click and it ends up being a scroll... Colors are so out man... Design and usability is totally out... the only good stuff is the changable battery.
 

jsbn

Senior Member
Jul 24, 2002
2,944
0
0
Planet Eropagnis
#10
jodie_tan said:
Hiaz...if you guys wanna buy mp3s...get the ipod photo. It's good and suitable for us photoshooters
iPod photo.... now if only I've got the moola...

I think my credit card bill's gonna reach a record high! :(
 

zorro18

New Member
Jan 12, 2004
474
0
0
earth
#11
better read more abt the ipod photo.....i heard some not-so nice feedback abt it. It seems that u cannot transfer yr pics direct to the ipod. must go thru itunes..... there are some discussions @ Ipodlounge & hardwarezone (Apple Clinic).

I am waiting for the Epson P-2000. Its like this is THE gadget to get for CSers.
The Coolwalker is too ex meant with 1 core function ie storage for yr pics.
 

jsbn

Senior Member
Jul 24, 2002
2,944
0
0
Planet Eropagnis
#12
RossChang said:
Zen Mini SUckx... tried it out in sitex and it's a total disappointment. the Scroll Touch section is totally screw up. Tried to scroll and ends up being a Click... Tried a click and it ends up being a scroll... Colors are so out man... Design and usability is totally out... the only good stuff is the changable battery.
U can self change the battery on the iPod too ;)

There's the Belkin battery pack for the iPod as well too!

Spread the word.
 

jsbn

Senior Member
Jul 24, 2002
2,944
0
0
Planet Eropagnis
#13
Epson P-2000, someone mentioned that Epson Singapore dun have plans to bring it in. Guess u're outta luck.

Yeah, the iPod currently functions nothing more like a storage device. Dumping everything to ur iPod without the option to view the photos. As for the 'thing' about ur photos muz go thru iTunes, I'm not very sure. But I've got iPhoto (too bad, that's available for Mac only, *nyak-nyak-nyak* :D), that can do the transfer over to the iPod photo. :D
 

zorro18

New Member
Jan 12, 2004
474
0
0
earth
#14
RossChang said:
tried it out in sitex and it's a total disappointment. the Scroll Touch section is totally screw up. Tried to scroll and ends up being a Click... Tried a click and it ends up being a scroll... Colors are so out man... Design and usability is totally out... the only good stuff is the changable battery.
the buttons on the mirco is Hyper-Sensitive worst than our didi.. ;)
As much as I wanna support home-grown products & brandnames....i'm just disappointed ...Mr Sim should salvage his 'war-chest' of US150M and donate to charity.
IMHO, Ipod is still THE Looker ......
 

di0nysus

New Member
Jul 15, 2003
1,010
0
0
38
m
Visit site
#15
i din find the central slider that sensitive, it did whatever i wanted it to do. think u guys too powerful...
 

Flyingpig

New Member
Aug 12, 2004
801
0
0
Singapore
#16
I was working at apple booth during Sitex and i heard hundreds of ppl asking me..what's the different between ZEn and Mini... :confused:
 

Stefen

New Member
Apr 26, 2003
446
0
0
37
Beijing
www.stefenchow.com
#17
I have been waiting to get a zen micro, but a bit pissed that the same thing is being offered 229usd in America!

Creative doesn't really care about taking care of their local customers, do they?

I am also disturbed by the fact that it costs 200 sing to change a ipod mini battery, and their battery life doesn't last that long....
 

matt_lee

New Member
Jun 21, 2004
67
0
0
35
www.leematai.com
#18
i have just bought a black zen micro two weeks ago, out of the box, with one batt and remote which i need to sell to get money for my gf's birthday present which i stupidly forgot before i bought the bloody player!!! haha.. player wise, the touch pad is sensitive and needs to get used to.. ( like all new equip), the sound quality is really very good, i get blown away by the highs and lows when listening to diana krall and john pizzarella. Looking for quick sale at $450. email me, mattlee@dr.com
 

XXX Boy

New Member
Jan 11, 2004
1,159
0
0
42
GEYLAND LOR 15 LO
#20
jsbn said:
If one thinks being patrotic/support Singapore = buy local products, I think its consumer shallowness in perfect demonstration.

One shld buy according to their needs and wants. Not buying for the sake of buying (unless u damn rich den I nothing to say).

Official retail prices here: http://www.apple.com.sg/store

And of cos, papers are never, never the best place for reviews. After all, journalists are journalists. Not professional IT product reviewers. I'll goto iPodlounge for reviews.
----------------------------------------------------------------
iPod photo.... now if only I've got the moola...

I think my credit card bill's gonna reach a record high!
----------------------------------------------------------------
U can self change the battery on the iPod too

There's the Belkin battery pack for the iPod as well too!

Spread the word.
Seems like you are a Ipod fanboy??? :dunno:
 

Status
Not open for further replies.