iPhone or not?

Would you be a swticher

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you sure it will be called iPhone? Here's why...
well.. everyone knows how the 'i' hypecame about.. everyone just rode on the success and coolness of using the 'i' labelling. Seriously, even if cisco is successful, with the publicity that the apple iPhone has generated now, the less informed will think that it is an attempt by cisco to copy the more popular apple's footsteps.

Won't get it...since have to wait for so long for asia mkt.
Besides, 1st generation of iphones from apple probably will have more bugs.

Let those tech geekies be the guinea pigs first and you will see threads like this in forums...
"My iphone sucks".

MAC OSX in iphone???
Incredible....but really the full version of Mac OS X????

The only down side is the battery.

Not that worth to get this lemon, IMO.
Unless you are fond of the logo.

:p :rolleyes: :p

well.. everyone knows how the 'i' hypecame about.. everyone just rode on the success and coolness of using the 'i' labelling. Seriously, even if cisco is successful, with the publicity that the apple iPhone has generated now, the less informed will think that it is an attempt by cisco to copy the more popular apple's footsteps.

ya boy...
Apple should just change to "u"phone.

Got "i", got "u"...
makes a couple mah.

Just like OSIM...naming their products duno what "u"-sthg "u"-sthg....

:think: :p :think:

ya boy...
Apple should just change to "u"phone.

Got "i", got "u"...
makes a couple mah.

Just like OSIM...naming their products duno what "u"-sthg "u"-sthg....

:think: :p :think:

xPhone sounds nicer. OS X mah :bsmilie:

i would want one for the glam factor but it would be too pricey? and well too small gb wise.

and i think it's not even 3G, but 2.5G.

i wat an apple... :bsmilie:

:think: name me a phone which has features that no other phone has. I can name you 1 feature that this phone sports and none other has...

It has a touch screen WITHOUT a stylus. Now name me 1 other phone that has a touchscreen that doesn't come with a stylus.

Given it iwill take a year to get here...I dare to bet that within the next 12 months they will be a few coming into the market. The problem with Apple launching this without first making sure it is available world wide right off the bat....it gives alot of competitors the chance to catch up. Granted in the past, some industries or their competitors might be slow to the game and it has worked in Apple's favour even after a years being in the market and no one still caught up with it (design and technology wise) but could Apple be still thinking they can be that lucky that their lucky streak will not end one day...especially a market like the mobile phone which they are still new to it. This might be a difference beast they are dealing with...plus..they are getting their hardware from Samsung. A competing brand in the mobile industry. How much sharing of technology..etc. That has still yet to play out. As the Asian market willbe ignored for still another year. And many asian own mobile brands exist here too...well dug in fighting among themselves for a piece of the mobile market. This one year period to come out with a killer mobile over the Apple phone is always a strong possibility.

Anything can happen from now till 2008. This is a very interesting product and it would be interesting to see what will happen to it...from a business point of view...and not from the die hard fanatic defender of apple. hehe and by the way...I still have this nagging feeling the Cisco tango with Apple...I suspect is just a "britney spears" marketing saga to get marketing mileage and apple actually have no intention to use "iPhone" by July 2007. This could be a smoke screen and in the end it might be that they will name it the way they name the tv cast unit launch at the same time as the phone which everyone thought it would be called "iTV" but in the end it is called Apple TV. ( with the apple being the symbolic apple outline. I am wondering if they might just be calling the new phone "Apple Phone". And the mobile phone industry is a new market , they are tryign to make noise...any kind of noise to get more publicity and marketing buzz. This marekt is not about die hard fans..they are wanting to get beyond them and convert other mobile user to make the switch. 11 plus million ipod owner might seem alot but the mobile phone industry is presently a billion over user market. That is what I read in a business report recently. Imagine a stake in that kind of market size...You can't pay the game to market your product like the way you do the ipod. It has to be something totally difference or in line with what other mobile phones are doing. .With such a success if they can do it, Apple can give up their computer market or really push that to the back end of their company's interest? I hate for that to happen but there are already signs of that being so as in recent years, they have not been do much to push their foot hold in that old market of computers with really outstanding pioneering stuff like before except for the usual new CPU, some improvement in some existing hardwares. You can't fault them if they do too...business model will change and sometime they too have to move on...whether it will make their die hard fanatic supportor happy or angry. I like Apple but it is just like any other companies ....it is about making money, moving into direction where the money is and do whatever it takes to get to it. Their marketing which I have always admire is one that can make you think they are doing it "just for you the underdogs against PCs" but it is really pure business. So long as it works to make money for them they will keep to that direction but as soon as that changes, they will do what it must and change direction even if that is not what their loyal consumers wants it to.

Thus I will not be surprise there will be a name change by the time Jul'07 comes. I am willing to stick my neck out to say it will not be called an iPhone and it is part of their plan all along and if not well, it will still be a tough battle for them as delivery is coming in late and not soon enough to fight off competition. As they say in the IT industry, 1 year is like a few years in technological times frame. This will be a very interesting story to follow...to whatever final conclusion it might lead to....heh. Anyone else with another perspective?

With 200 over patents on iPhone, I serious doubt any handphone producers will be able to match the features on this phone without infridging IP rights of Apple. This is going to be a serious contender in this competitive handphone market.

I have never wanted a product so badly after watching the Macworld keynote. I would get my hands on one of those iPhone once it launch in June.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Mike

Not for me. I am looking for a phone, not a mini computer.

lolz i like to carry alot alot of gagets... iphone or uphone doesn't appeal to me... moreover i think sure got lotsa bugs for gen1...

With 200 over patents on iPhone, I serious doubt any handphone producers will be able to match the features on this phone without infridging IP rights of Apple. This is going to be a serious contender in this competitive handphone market.

I have never wanted a product so badly after watching the Macworld keynote. I would get my hands on one of those iPhone once it launch in June.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Mike

Dude! You've been caught up by the infamous Reality Distortion Field!!!

It seems like there's a lot of hype for nothing really new. Yes its got OSX on it and looks like a PDA that has lost its stylus, plus its bulky.... but nothing really new. Its just something to take a bite off the mobile market. Yups its got lots of patents but does not mean it will really sell....;p

More stories on the RDF http://www.folklore.org/StoryView.py?project=Macintosh&story=Reality_Distortion_Field.txt&sortOrder=Sort%20by%20Date...

Status
Not open for further replies.