iPhone 5 as compact camera

Status
Not open for further replies.
My phone cam played a very important role when my car got banged from behind on the PIE.
Yeah, the most important function for many people in such a moment is the fast upload to stomp. :)

Please share with us where you got this from, quite entertaining. Or are you only weighing the lens / sensor unit?

its inside a phone. so you dont need an extra item to shoot pics. therefore it weight 0grams.

its inside a phone. so you dont need an extra item to shoot pics. therefore it weight 0grams.

And how much lighter would the phone be without it? What if you do not have a camera phone?
;-)

Only that the phone feels like a brick compared to other phones with better camera. iPhone is really not a good choice here, unless one is an iFreak ..

Only that the phone feels like a brick compared to other phones with better camera. iPhone is really not a good choice here, unless one is an iFreak ..

iphone is smaller than htc one, s3, s4, s2 etc. which one is more brick?

iphone is smaller than htc one, s3, s4, s2 etc. which one is more brick?

"smaller" does not mean "less brick like". A phone can be bigger, but lighter and more ergonomic. Confirm 100x + chop that the HTC One and Sony Ion feel much more comfortable to hold than the iBrickPhone.

In addition to learning photography, there is much more you need to learn...

Last edited:
haha, u are so angry. its just the matter of semantics.
so u handled HTC One before its even released and able to confirm and + chop it feels 100x better. LOLLL. how to even take you seriously to start with?
u need chill and get a better life. byeee :bsmilie:

Based on the specs alone HTC One might seems to be my target for camera phone. I don't need high MegaPixels.

haha, u are so angry. its just the matter of semantics.
so u handled HTC One before its even released and able to confirm and + chop it feels 100x better. LOLLL. how to even take you seriously to start with?
u need chill and get a better life. byeee :bsmilie:

HTC One demo sets are out already, and even have already been sold in limited quantities directly from the HTC store at NEX. So yes, I've handled it, tested it, played with it, molested and fondled it...

If anyone needs a better life/skills/basic knowledge in order for people to take them seriously, it's you.

Last edited:
Based on the specs alone HTC One might seems to be my target for camera phone. I don't need high MegaPixels.

It's not a sharp camera though. If you shoot with an S4 or Z and resize to 4MP, picture quality is much better than on the One. The One has better microphones designed for recording video in concerts though if that's your thing.

there there...dun get angry on internet...

here is just opinions to be shared..nothing else...

or shall i start a ifanboys vs androidfan thread?

there there...dun get angry on internet...

here is just opinions to be shared..nothing else...

or shall i start a ifanboys vs androidfan thread?
haha, no need, its just a mobilephone:) its like Canon vs Nikon - never ending and quite childish, best is to ignore. both suits the user will do the job and the world is good ;)

haha, no need, its just a mobilephone:) its like Canon vs Nikon - never ending and quite childish, best is to ignore. both suits the user will do the job and the world is good ;)
Then why did you start the childish discussion about the supposedly better camera in iPhone? Check again: TS stated that he intends to get the iPhone, he does not have one. Therefore, based on specs and other (subjective) factors there are many other options available that offer better value than the iPhone. Whether iFanboys like it or ..

it's not about the camera, it's about the photographer behind the shot; that being said, Chase Jarvis once said "the best camera is the one you have on you" if you think your dslr is too bulky to bring out at times especially to capture candid moments of your life an iPhone 5 may be a good choice.

personally I own fuji x100 a dslr setup and an iPhone 4S. thing about the iPhone camera is that I find myself taking a lot more shots with it than my other 2 cameras; it's for capturing the essential parts of your life, because you don't really have to think before composing your shot most of the time, and find yourself snapping away at the most random or interesting things you see in your daily life.

i would suggest using an android based camera phone.

metering settings
WB settings
ISO settings
smile-detect, audio-snap, etc etc .

So far I have not seen any metering setup on iStupids

Status
Not open for further replies.