Ioniers, works? help!

dennisc

Oct 24, 2002
Freezing Upp Thomson/Mandai!
Help!!! is it me or what?

Bought a maier ionier a few months back. Installed in my room... now I feel as if the air inside my room is even fresher than those outside!

And... the problem is... I live in a house where it's surrounded by mandai trees, grasses and flower beds! I went out for a breath of fresh air, sure enough it's cool, but omg, omg... how come it's not even fresh anymore? Geez... wonder if its a good thing or a bad... what do you think?

Does anyone noticed any diff after installing their ionisers?

Last edited:
Personally, I feel is waste of money to install such thing. Because besides oxygen, carbon monoxide, do we know what else we breath in?

Last edited:
Ionisers are 'suppose' to produce negative ions than will attrach dust particles in the air and get them to be settled towards the ground thus 'making' the air fresher and cleaner. So assuming your ioniser is really good quality ones (normally used for medical) then the air in the room with ioniser will be cleaner with less dust particles in the air... in normal or fresh air, dust particles are everywhere... having said all the theory of ioniser... I do not think human can tell the difference... unless you comparing air with no dust and air filled with haze... my 2 cents... dun flame me... ;p

Help!!! is it me or what?

Bought a maier ionier a few months back. Installed in my room... now I feel as if the air inside my room is even fresher than those outside!

And... the problem is... I live in a house where it's surrounded by mandai trees, grasses and flower beds! I went out for a breath of fresh air, sure enough it's cool, but omg, omg... how come it's not even fresh anymore? Geez... wonder if its a good thing or a bad... what do you think?

Does anyone noticed any diff after installing their ionisers?

IIRC ionizers also produce an amount of Ozone which is what most of us identify as fresh. Don't think it is bad but you will notice a lot of dust settling on your floor after a while if you have a good ionizer.