inverting?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Longest for maximum magnification ratio...

Thanks! So the focus ring also affects magnification ratio? I thought only the focal length did that.

Another question, is there a formula to calculate roughtly the focusing distance, as in the distance where the object will be in focus? Sorry I ask so many questions :embrass:

Thanks much

Thanks! So the focus ring also affects magnification ratio? I thought only the focal length did that.

Another question, is there a formula to calculate roughtly the focusing distance, as in the distance where the object will be in focus? Sorry I ask so many questions :embrass:

Thanks much

Negative.

Zooming out to the max of 250mm will give you a 50:250 ratio of approx 5 x magnification.

As for focusing distance, it'll be very short. Only mere centimetres away from the subject.

hi all, was just wonder if i have a EFS 18-55mm f3.5-5.6 + 50mm f1.8, i can do a reverse lens for macro shot as well?
All i need is a male-male adapter ring?

would i be able to get 1:1?
i will loss autofocus? can i use the manual focusing ring? (i tried reverse mount the 50mm f1.8...i cant even use the manual focusing ring...need to manual move my camera towards/away from subject..i cant even use the manual focusing ring on the lens)

hi all, was just wonder if i have a EFS 18-55mm f3.5-5.6 + 50mm f1.8, i can do a reverse lens for macro shot as well?
All i need is a male-male adapter ring?

would i be able to get 1:1?
i will loss autofocus? can i use the manual focusing ring? (i tried reverse mount the 50mm f1.8...i cant even use the manual focusing ring...need to manual move my camera towards/away from subject..i cant even use the manual focusing ring on the lens)

No... u can't focus using the focusing ring when used in reverse.

You can only focus if you reverse the 18-55 by the ZOOM ring, not the focus ring. The lens needs to move back and forth for the focusing....

No... u can't focus using the focusing ring when used in reverse.

You can only focus if you reverse the 18-55 by the ZOOM ring, not the focus ring. The lens needs to move back and forth for the focusing....
hi...i tried to google for help...but still dont seems to understand.

So you are saying i cant use the focusing ring to focus with a setup of 18mm-55mm + 50mm? Rather, instead of moving the lens back and forth for focusing, one adv of my set up (vs. reversing 50mm alone) is i use zoom ring to focus?

hi...i tried to google for help...but still dont seems to understand.

So you are saying i cant use the focusing ring to focus with a setup of 18mm-55mm + 50mm? Rather, instead of moving the lens back and forth for focusing, one adv of my set up (vs. reversing 50mm alone) is i use zoom ring to focus?

no lar, for easy, just set both lens to infinity, than u physically move forward or backward to get subject to be in focus lor. ofcause, u want to zoom in ur kit lens all the way for max magnification.

awesome.
k but i only got a kit lens for now haha so won't be able to take any of those. wait till budget a bit more la hor.

how much does this reverse adapter thing cost approx?

a friend lend me his macro adapter or something. just screw in front like a filter and shoot. no nid reverse. this would be less effective then actual reversing no?

I think your friend is referring to close-up filter. This is a good and cheap alternative. This glass you just screw onto your lens and you are ready to go. The pro is that its cheaper compared to macro lens (cost about $30, depending on the filter) and the con is that you need to screw/unscrew it.

I use +1, +2 and +4 closeup filter with 67mm.. which I can use for either my nikon 18-200mm and another step-down 67mm-62mm adapter.. so I can use for my 85mm lens (which is 62mm).

So I suggest you buy based on your bigger lens, and buy a step-down adapter for your smaller lens. Also try to buy for your most sharp lens (in my case, I use it for 85mm most often). +1, +2 and +4 is my combination so if I need +3, I stack +1 and +2.. but I rarely do that, if ever. Bottom line, reverse lens focus is terrible and has limited use (also prone to dust when you put back the lens).

Status
Not open for further replies.