Interview with celebrity photogr Greg Gorman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Larry

Apr 25, 2002
singapore
www.larryloh.com
Celebrity photographer Greg Gorman will be in town for a few days for the “Faces Of Fame” Seminar & Exhibition, organised by Epson Singapore & Epsite. He is one of Hollywood's best-known photographers, having worked with and photographed some of Tinseltown's most famous personalities and movie stars.

For more info on the event and Greg Gorman himself, visit the following links.
http://www.epson.com.sg/promo/event_facesoffame.shtml
http://www.gormanphotography.com/

ClubSNAP will be catching up with him for a interview and quick chat next Tues. Here's your chance to pose some of your questions to the master himself. We will collate the more sensible questions and topics for discussion and pose them to Greg directly in our face-to-face interview. Questions may not necessarily be serious or direct, but can be quirky, e.g. relating to his philosophy in life and photography, etc.

Post your questions and topics here and we will try our best to answer as many in the short time we have. Do not PM them to me pls.

To kick things off...

1. In your photography, how do you bring out the personality and private moments of your subjects, esp. with the public figures and celebrities you shoot who often present a facade to the world at large?
2. ... ...
3. ... ...

what are his sources of inspiration in his life?

How do you feel for the lost of the 3 great masters this year like Helmet Newton; Richard Avadon & Hendri Cartier Bresson? :(

If you could travel through time and photograph any person from the past. who would you choose? What about a historical event?

after 35 years, what three gems of advice you would give to a newbie from CS who aspires to be one like you?

Post your questions and topics here and we will try our best to answer as many in the short time we have. Do not PM them to me pls.

To kick things off...

1. In your photography, how do you bring out the personality and private moments of your subjects, esp. with the public figures and celebrities you shoot who often present a facade to the world at large?

2. Given all the fame and success you've achieved after all these years, will you hold a photo exhibition, to create awareness for a noble clause , and bring to the world, the reailty of life in some developing countries. e.g Child labour in India , Young sex slave worker in Thailand/ Cambodia (posted by poohbear)

3. after 35 years, what three gems of advice you would give to a newbie from CS who aspires to be one like you? (by reachme2003)

4. what are his sources of inspiration in his life? (by reachme2003)

5. If you could travel through time and photograph any person from the past. who would you choose? What about a historical event? (by Phildate)

6. How do you feel for the lost of the 3 great masters this year like Helmet Newton; Richard Avadon & Hendri Cartier Bresson? (by Spectrum)

Mods, any update on this?

still no updates?

My gut feeling tells me that this interview will be published in the Dec issue of photoi...

Sorry for the late notice. The interview will be posted on the upcoming issue of SNAP ezine, along with a look @ the Greg Gorman seminar. And no we have nothing to do with Photoi... ;)

Larry said:
Sorry for the late notice. The interview will be posted on the upcoming issue of SNAP ezine, along with a look @ the Greg Gorman seminar. And no we have nothing to do with Photoi... ;)

My bad... :embrass:
Anyway, speaking of SNAP, I don't recall receiving any issues yet... Or has the circulation yet to start? :)

Looking forward to SNAP (and the interview of course!)

Status
Not open for further replies.