[Interiors] The Space Within

Zichar

Apr 22, 2008
Oddly not a common theme in the forum; I've had the opportunity to get invited to shoot in people's homes and such
Have never tried doing this before, discovering that it's a real test of personal meticulosity; getting lines straight and worse, the details within each scene
I could have sworn I checked out every inch before I triggered the shutter ... then spend hours trying to clone away snaking wires and misplaced elements
I now know that hairs show up really well on white floors ;p

<1>

Thanks guys :)

>>

I struggle with this - the outside looks horrible, cranes and construction, tv antennae hanging off kilter ... don't know if this constitutes cheating, I just blow the highlights on them and call it high key ;p
Was a tough stitch, just about managed to pull it off. I should get a pano head if I want better results

<2>

Last edited:
<4>

<7>

What lense are you using? The distorted rocking chair and tv looks pretty bad. I can't see it clearly on my hp but was hdr treatment done?

You stop by this subforum too? Heh...
14-24 on FX
Six image stitch I think
Though I didn't notice the teevee until now, alamak
I 'liquified' the ceilings, everything was curving in like a bubble ;P
I've never stitched anything else indoors since, probably not a good idea with objects in the foreground
The rocking chair was deliberate though, uwa stuff right in front of subject
No HDR, luminosity masks from Tony Kuyper's page (though I can't explain the banding in the windows for the rocking chair shot)

Why was there a need to stitch?

I tried to squeeze the whole room in one image...

I only like the first image. The rest are too distorted. Well not distorted, but it looks too unnatural. The perspectives are off.

Thanks for dropping by, sheesh forgot I had this thread, haven't been shooting any of such in awhile
Care to elaborate, perspective off because? Function of UWA shearing the edges? Angle too low so the intersecting lines are not at a comfortable level?