Interesting places to shoot in Singapore?

Zennith said:
Nothing much around there actually . Unless ur there for the few building structures

Not really. It's a good place to do street photography. I could spend hours there looking around. Lots of human traffic.

Zennith said:
Nothing much around there actually . Unless ur there for the few building structures

Obviously u got no aptitude for street photography

Zennith said:

What is there to shoot is only limited to your creativity. Maybe you are lacking in that area

What is there to shoot is only limited to your creativity. Maybe you are lacking in that area

Much agreed. While Clubsnap outings right now are generally Chinatown (CNY period) and sunrise/set, you could always venture beyond the beaten path.

It pretty much depends on what you want to achieve out of photography, and also the 'genre' you are interested in. Shooting streets could be done anywhere, landscape as per the many suggestions by forumers before me, or perhaps the zoo if you like wildlife (not quite the real thing, but this is Singapore after all :/).

Ultimately, 'interesting' is defined by you. If the place isn't interesting enough, set yourself some challenges to make it interesting. Limit your use of focal length, a specific theme, a certain style, these are some suggestions that could make the photography 'process' more engaging, and you will definitely see the place in a different light. IMO, it doesn't matter whether you have nice photos at the end of the day, but rather its more important that you enjoy the process of photography.

Just my humble 2 cents worth.

I lived in Bishan for more than 20 years and I still find interesting things to shoot

shall challenge myself to shoot around my area sometime soon :)

Yeah, find some interesting neighbourhood areas to shoot? :) or places with preserved or unique architecture? I think quite got feel :) I think playgrounds are quite interesting if you can find those older types. Or just explore around? You may find interesting things everywhere.

what do u guys think about labourdor park

Zennith said:
what do u guys think about labourdor park

Nothing much to shoot there. Looks like Nparks didn't do much housekeeping and fenced up some good areas

Nothing much to shoot there. Looks like Nparks didn't do much housekeeping and fenced up some good areas

seems like there is some renovation going on to spruce up the park.

i seen lots of people doing landscape shoots (for sunset) over here. Portrait wise not many.

kei1309 said:

Almost wanted to go there

sinned79 said:
seems like there is some renovation going on to spruce up the park.

i seen lots of people doing landscape shoots (for sunset) over here. Portrait wise not many.

It's not crowded right? On weekends

xersion said:
Not bad IMO.. Can snap keppel bay and cable car.. But the new mangrove sux

o_O keppel bay? From where? Vivo?

How about the Raffles Place/Tanjong Pagar area? :) I think its interesting to shoot the high rise buildings from different perspectives! :p

I like tiong bahru market area haha, will try there some day

I used to drive around during quiet Sundays to explore places around the small island:

1. Sg Buloh Park
2. Changi Boardwalk (ok this place a bit crowded on weekends but sunset's good)
3. Botanic Gardens (used to spend hours during macro at the lily ponds)
4. Portsdown Road area (rolling green fields etc)

interesting places to shoot are only limited by the lack of one's imagination.

try not to ask where to shoot cause you'll just end up shooting the exact thing the other have shot before you..