Interested to be a crew member to do a travel documentary?

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.14degrees.org/en/

How about doing a story on this guy? He's a New Zealander.
He rode a recumbent bike from Japan to Switzerland and then rode a skateboard from Switzerland to London. All this done unassisted (no backup support on vehicle). He's on his way to USA now and will be planning to set a record for crossing the United States on a skateboard. Dun know if this can make a compelling story though.

I agree.. when i was a regular in the airforce, my unit was dealing w RM aircraft (surveillance). I am talking abt military type, is abt the size of a saloon car.. not someting handy type.. so i know how it works.. ;). but the thing is i was involved in the technical aspect rather then piloting lor.
i oso hv a fren very into this hobby who actually set up his own club. But it is an expensive hobby and even more expensive to flly with a cam mounted..:dunno:

Yeah..so big that this piece of my 'toy' can't fit into the boot of my small car. :D

attachment.php

Just a random suggestion, why not make a documentary about a bunch of local guys making money for charity from a $0 budget..

Yeah..so big that this piece of my 'toy' can't fit into the boot of my small car. :D

attachment.php

it looks very impressive.. :thumbsup:. u own tat? the length of a table? where do u usually fly this? how do u transport it to your flying air space? when is your next flight sortie? i am interested to see look see look.;)

Just a random suggestion, why not make a documentary about a bunch of local guys making money for charity from a $0 budget..

I have some "stories" in my mind for quite a long time.. but jus never do it.. maybe u are the rite person as a director? probably u may be interested to study the possiblity for any chance on your next productions?

1 of them is ---> A Future Dairy.
abt a boy who discovered a diary that recorded his future. The diary recorded 1 day ahead of his life.. every nite he will be able to know what happened to himself the next day... at first he dont beleive the diary until few days which it really happend exactly what was written in the diary... (story develops and goes on....)

any possibilty to produce this idea and the story line?:dunno:

cheers
:)

it looks very impressive.. :thumbsup:. u own tat? the length of a table? where do u usually fly this? how do u transport it to your flying air space? when is your next flight sortie? i am interested to see look see look.;)

Sorties normally flown on Sundays, somewhere in Tampines. :D
PM me for more details. :) :thumbsup:

Thanks for all the suggestions. I have personally met a young Chinese guy who cycled all over the world, too. All these make a good story but at the end of the day, one also has to consider "commercial viability".

Hi Astroboy and DNXMedia

I salute your courage to forgo your daily jobs to pursue your passion. I had that dilemma twice and both times i disappointed myself. Passion vs Sustainability. Was offered a job with Derrick Lim Photog but unfortunately I had to reject it. Both of you have inspired me to continue striving in the near future! hehee.

I was wondering if there is any developments in the documentary concept? When I was in Aussie, me n some friends managed to produce a documentary for Community Arts Network of Western Australia on the Narasirato Pan Pipers of the Solomon Islanders together with the Nunga Elders of WA. It wasn't a huge production but there was something about these Solomon Islanders that attracted me and my friends. Although they are living on islands thousand of miles away right smack in the ocean and away from technology, they are one of the most happiest and friendliest bunch of people ive ever known. Maybe that's one suggestion and please feel free to say if it isnt gd enuf..lol..coz im still learning. But I havent come up with a fabulous concept tho. I was tot that ideas n concepts are truly truly paramount...lol

I hope to hear from any of u yeah!

Hi lambretta50
For now, the idea remains just that, an idea. Meanwhile, I am still going about with my travel assignments which brings me all over the region. It is not bringing me big bucks but I ain't starving either. And my travels bring me a wealth of experience. The collective material which I am gathering will someday be put to good use should I embark on a video documentary.

As far as pursuing passions go, my advise is always the same for everyone. First go put in your time as a normal salaried employee in a normal job. When you have done "time" and have enough savings put aside, then think about pursuing your passion. Unless u have rich parents, like some folks I know. :)

Hi
Hi Astroboy and DNXMedia

I salute your courage to forgo your daily jobs to pursue your passion. I had that dilemma twice and both times i disappointed myself. Passion vs Sustainability. Was offered a job with Derrick Lim Photog but unfortunately I had to reject it. Both of you have inspired me to continue striving in the near future! hehee.

I was wondering if there is any developments in the documentary concept? When I was in Aussie, me n some friends managed to produce a documentary for Community Arts Network of Western Australia on the Narasirato Pan Pipers of the Solomon Islanders together with the Nunga Elders of WA. It wasn't a huge production but there was something about these Solomon Islanders that attracted me and my friends. Although they are living on islands thousand of miles away right smack in the ocean and away from technology, they are one of the most happiest and friendliest bunch of people ive ever known. Maybe that's one suggestion and please feel free to say if it isnt gd enuf..lol..coz im still learning. But I havent come up with a fabulous concept tho. I was tot that ideas n concepts are truly truly paramount...lol

I hope to hear from any of u yeah!

actually I HAVE thought of this before and have even drawn up some ideas.......well its still in dreamland.. u can let me know if you are thinking some more......

get it going... would like to see this happen.

Get a plan, sell the idea, gather people, and acutally do it.

get it going... would like to see this happen.

Get a plan, sell the idea, gather people, and acutally do it.

Totally agree 100% (not 95%). :)

Status
Not open for further replies.