Interested for a Landscape Photography

Hi,

I am new in Photography and I wanted to learn and explore more shooting Landscape. I will be traveling soon. I currently own a Canon 6D with 24-105mm kit lens. Please recommend a good lens for this camera. Cheap and good lens.

Thank you.

24-105 is a work horse lens on Canon FF.
Maybe add a UWA like the 17-40 or 16-35 and I think you are done.

How wide you you want/need?
If you want wider, maybe the Sigma 12-24.

Personally, I prefer primes for the ability to mix and match and smaller size, but thats me.

The first picture was adjusted in photoshop. At first, I didn't know the difference of shooting a picture in jpeg and raw. So, I played with the settings. It's a messed up.

Now I am learning to know the beauty of shooting in camera raw and at the same time to lessen photo adjustments in photoshop. Here's another sample again. I took this last night outside my neighbourhood:

$LANDSCAPE_zps570b21a3.jpg

Last edited:
The first picture was adjusted in photoshop. At first, I didn't know the difference of shooting a picture in jpeg and raw. So, I played with the settings. It's a messed up.

Now I am learning to know the beauty of shooting in camera raw and at the same time to lessen photo adjustments in photoshop. Here's another sample again. I took this last night outside my neighbourhood:

View attachment 1824

you don't need a better lens for landscape right now, you will see better results if you can put more efforts on working your composition, understand lighting and other basic stuffs.

Thanks for your support! I am slowly learning now. I'm using my Canon 6D + 24-105mm. These are my sample shots last Sunday in Lakeside Garden:

You should go for Sunrise or Sunset shoot at Lakeside Garden. It will be nice..

Thanks for your support! I am slowly learning now. I'm using my Canon 6D + 24-105mm. These are my sample shots last Sunday in Lakeside Garden:

Those were nice shots. Keep on shooting. Have more confidence of yourself.

You should go for Sunrise or Sunset shoot at Lakeside Garden. It will be nice..

Yes!!
Sunrise or sunset is quite a must, pls read up abit on "long exposure" or "night photography". Who knows u mite like it, o ya btw please bring an umbralla along, as last sat when I was about to leave Chn garden bout 7am as sun's up,it started pouring heavily, there were 4 photographers shooting when I left, hope their gears r alrite

Thanks for the tips... But I don't know what you mean when you say tilted.. I will read more on the link that you have provided me. By the way, I followed you on FB. Amazing work! Great pictures!

Thanks for the tips... But I don't know what you mean when you say tilted.. I will read more on the link that you have provided me. By the way, I followed you on FB. Amazing work! Great pictures!

No need to link to FB.

DD123 photoworks -related to your interest can be found in ClubSnap photo galleries:-

http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1357487&highlight=daredevil123

Tilted as in the horizon is not level in your photos. Dude, your world is slanted.

I didn't bring a tripod. Is there anyway that I can estimate it that the shot will be in a horizon. Can I fix this using the lens correction editing software (shot in RAW)?

I didn't bring a tripod. Is there anyway that I can estimate it that the shot will be in a horizon. Can I fix this using the lens correction editing software (shot in RAW)?

In short... yes.

Myanmar:

1_zpsa026da9f.jpg

2_zpsc08adaba.jpg

I took this photo with my 24-70mm f2.8. I am trying out soon the 17-40mm. Still exploring more into photography. It is still heavy to carry a tripod. Will try to bring a tripod next time to avoid blur images.

Last edited:
Myanmar:

1_zpsa026da9f.jpg

2_zpsc08adaba.jpg

I took this photo with my 24-70mm f2.8. I am trying out soon the 17-40mm. Still exploring more into photography. It is still heavy to carry a tripod. Will try to bring a tripod next time to avoid blur images.

hello! I'm new in photography as well. is this is bagan? by the way I used to think tripod wasn't necessary but once I started shooting I knew I was wrong haha. especially during certain hours or when shooting water, longer exposure is needed. tripod will come in very handy. carry a backpack if you find tripods too heavy, my tripod is a few hundred grams, still relatively portable!

my camera has grid lines, I used to rely on that to align my verticals. or you can rely on buildings to keep your alignment straight in your camera. but it's harder without a tripod.

Your world really a bit slanted. I think the tripod will help even if you are using a faster shutter speed during daytime, so you can slowly align properly. Otherwise, you could get a hotshoe bubble level and learn to align the bubble in the middle, that could help. Some cameras have in camera level, not too sure if 6D has it. Those, while not totally accurate, can help to reduce the tilt.