Interest in TFCD

Status
Not open for further replies.
SnakeJackal said:
i appeal to keep the thread open ... let the photographer to post some of the results later on and don't change the subject. This thread reach 40k viewership in 3 years. Let's see if you can break 40 k in 3 weeks .... :bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

eh ? this is not the sub-forum for posting pictures la :bsmilie: .... way OT then :)

DT_ said:
since i happen to drop by again.. + another 1.... :bsmilie: :bsmilie: again good luck.. p.s. i must say this, not flaming but judge your own, there're some really good in theory, but might not product the results... vice versa.. and out of the 101 mail recieved, just dont be fool by colourful words and beautiful essays... :think:

and some who show nice image got them during a paid shoot where the lighting and even angle were not their own.

yqt said:
and some who show nice image got them during a paid shoot where the lighting and even angle were not their own.

Who are you referring to?

Undoubtedly there are many who send PM to Bree. I have no means to tell who they are, or what they wrote, or what images they sent.

So you have such a means? That you can tell how these images were made?

Wow! Supersleuth!!:thumbsup:

student said:
Who are you referring to?

Undoubtedly there are many who send PM to Bree. I have no means to tell who they are, or what they wrote, or what images they sent.

So you have such a means? That you can tell how these images were made?

Wow! Supersleuth!!:thumbsup:

I hope that you do not think that I'm refering to anyone in particular.

It is common knowladge that many of us here go for group shoots, it is one way we can all improve. At some of these shoots, the lighting, location, timing of shoot with relation to light, setting of ext light sourse, poses, etc are created by the shoot org. himself/herself. Some of the shooters there will just shoot at the suggested angle and keep the shots as their own. Most of the time these shots are shown to friends as the photographer's own creation. I've known of some photographers who do that ( before my CS days ) and some even hang them up at home.

I'm not sure if you'll agreed, But I don't think that it'll take a Supersleuth to belive that this is a possibility.

Me? When I was very much younger and just learning photography, I did the same. It was much later that I realise that those images were not my own creation but the creation of someone else as I did nothing during the shoot but press the shutter. Don't get me wrong, it is at these sessions where the "old birds" though me some tricks, where I learn how to see the effects of lightings, how to communicate with models. Just that if I'm only pressing the shutter and nothing else, I don't think I can claim that that is my own creation.

yqt said:
I hope that you do not think that I'm refering to anyone in particular.

It is common knowladge that many of us here go for group shoots, it is one way we can all improve. At some of these shoots, the lighting, location, timing of shoot with relation to light, setting of ext light sourse, poses, etc are created by the shoot org. himself/herself. Some of the shooters there will just shoot at the suggested angle and keep the shots as their own. Most of the time these shots are shown to friends as the photographer's own creation. I've known of some photographers who do that ( before my CS days ) and some even hang them up at home.

I'm not sure if you'll agreed, But I don't think that it'll take a Supersleuth to belive that this is a possibility.

Me? When I was very much younger and just learning photography, I did the same. It was much later that I realise that those images were not my own creation but the creation of someone else as I did nothing during the shoot but press the shutter. Don't get me wrong, it is at these sessions where the "old birds" though me some tricks, where I learn how to see the effects of lightings, how to communicate with models. Just that if I'm only pressing the shutter and nothing else, I don't think I can claim that that is my own creation.

I understand what you mean.

But please remember the context of this thread, and what photographers were trying to so when they send images to Bree.

What I was referring to, with regards to, and in the context of this thread, your assumption and implication that those photographers who send their images to Bree, may be showing images that may be construed as "not their own".

In this context, you are making a rather serious accusation.

My reference to"supersleuth" was in the context of the images sent to Bree. I am not referring to a general statement of images taken in group shoots, even if that in itself may be debatable.

student said:
I understand what you mean.

But please remember the context of this thread, and what photographers were trying to so when they send images to Bree.

What I was referring to, with regards to, and in the context of this thread, your assumption and implication that those photographers who send their images to Bree, may be showing images that may be construed as "not their own".

In this context, you are making a rather serious accusation.

My reference to"supersleuth" was in the context of the images sent to Bree. I am not referring to a general statement of images taken in group shoots, even if that in itself may be debatable.

I do see your point. Guess bree will have to sort it out herself. What prompt me to write that is that another CSer wanted to PM bree with images from some TFCD shoot where he did nothing but press the shutter. I "advised" him against it. I got me to think someone else might be doing just that. Maybe I should have just PM her about it.

BTW, really like some of your shots posted on this thread, very good control of hightlight and shadows.:thumbsup:

yqt said:
I do see your point. Guess bree will have to sort it out herself. What prompt me to write that is that another CSer wanted to PM bree with images from some TFCD shoot where he did nothing but press the shutter. I "advised" him against it. I got me to think someone else might be doing just that. Maybe I should have just PM her about it.

BTW, really like some of your shots posted on this thread, very good control of hightlight and shadows.:thumbsup:

Points noted..... No worries.... we are right behind her :)

+1 again ...... MODs, where are you ? :lovegrin:

yqt said:
What prompt me to write that is that another CSer wanted to PM bree with images from some TFCD shoot where he did nothing but press the shutter. I "advised" him against it. I got me to think someone else might be doing just that. Maybe I should have just PM her about it.

I think that is a fair statement and concern, and good counsel to that CSer and others.

We had often asked the difference between a "pro" and "non-pro". I will not talk about other things which differentiate a "pro" from a "non-pro". But one of the things which I expect of a "pro" is consistency. A "non-pro" photographer who joins a shoot and returns with some nice images may not be able to deliver in another situation when he has no crutches to lean on.

This of course does not mean that "non-pros" cannot deliver, as some are able to deliver quite good results.

I apologise to Bree for the OT.

the TFCD need a bouncer like in DISCO..... in certain circumstances ... to prevent any conflicts from happenning. ...:sweat: :sweat: :sweat:

student said:
I think that is a fair statement and concern, and good counsel to that CSer and others.

We had often asked the difference between a "pro" and "non-pro". I will not talk about other things which differentiate a "pro" from a "non-pro". But one of the things which I expect of a "pro" is consistency. A "non-pro" photographer who joins a shoot and returns with some nice images may not be able to deliver in another situation when he has no crutches to lean on.

This of course does not mean that "non-pros" cannot deliver, as some are able to deliver quite good results.

I apologise to Bree for the OT.

Could not have said it better myself. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Student, hope to meet you one day and if you need a studio for a shoot, do let me know. It would be my pleasure to host you in my studio ( though I'm sure there are many who would gladly offer you their studio ).

And apologise to bree as this OT started from my posting.

Status
Not open for further replies.