Intention of getting a new camera Backpack

Halfgeek said:
Hi donut bro, thanks for input, looks nice. Will check it out soon :)

If u don't like heavy bags, don't buy vanguard.... They have v good quality but also very heavy compared to other brands.

So depends on what u want lor

Halfgeek said:
Hi all, first of all sorry TS for hi-jacking your thread a bit...

I have been trying to find a backpack too but till date couldn't. I'm looking for a camera backpack to contain 16" laptop and which also has a compartment for a tripod. I current own 3 lens (not big ones) and planning to get a flash soon too. Any reco for cam backpack? TIA

:)

Kata 3n1 series, vanguard uprise, lowepro video fastpack. I can't stand Kata's back padding so make sure you try carrying before you buy. Vanguard uprise quite heavy so carry also before you buy. Video fastpack changing lenses a bit troublesome.

Of course every bag has a con to it, so ultimately it's up to you. Even the flipside will make you look silly when it's got nice quick access to body and lens with tripod holder

If u don't like heavy bags, don't buy vanguard.... They have v good quality but also very heavy compared to other brands.

So depends on what u want lor

Haha i saw vanguard online! It looks nice too :D

Kata 3n1 series, vanguard uprise, lowepro video fastpack. I can't stand Kata's back padding so make sure you try carrying before you buy. Vanguard uprise quite heavy so carry also before you buy. Video fastpack changing lenses a bit troublesome.

Of course every bag has a con to it, so ultimately it's up to you. Even the flipside will make you look silly when it's got nice quick access to body and lens with tripod holder

Actually what i want is a camera backpack which can allows me to take out my camera quick, able to hold my tripod and my 16" laptop. Comfort level is also another plus. :)

Last edited:
Actually what i want is a camera backpack which can allows me to take out my camera quick, able to hold my tripod and my 16" laptop. Comfort level is also another plus. :)

I am using a couple of bags for my camera gears, depending on the type of shoots and also my mood :)

The most commonly used bag was the Tamrac Aero 85

Tamrac Aero Speed Pack 85 Review - Canon Digital Photography Forums

(note: Not my bag that was featured in the attached forum)

I find that bag, good enough and very tough, been with me for most of my recent overseas trips...

I am using a couple of bags for my camera gears, depending on the type of shoots and also my mood :)

The most commonly used bag was the Tamrac Aero 85

Tamrac Aero Speed Pack 85 Review - Canon Digital Photography Forums

(note: Not my bag that was featured in the attached forum)

I find that bag, good enough and very tough, been with me for most of my recent overseas trips...

thanks for another recommendation. Hmm but this bag doesnt have a tripod holder right?

Perhaps I will head down with princephotogenic to take a look at some bag n tripod next week.Wahhhh the billingham bag is damn chio but it will cost me a bomb:(

Halfgeek said:

Then they're just right for you. They can take out your cameras fast, hold a tripod and store laptops

just want to ask if anybody knows of a camera bag that is in-between the size of flipside 300 and flipside 400aw? Cos I want to carry a 14" laptop and the 300 is too small for it. However, the 400 is also too big for me...

just want to ask if anybody knows of a camera bag that is in-between the size of flipside 300 and flipside 400aw? Cos I want to carry a 14" laptop and the 300 is too small for it. However, the 400 is also too big for me...
[video=youtube;_TAZLNXcE-A]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_TAZLNXcE-A[/video]

thanks for another recommendation. Hmm but this bag doesnt have a tripod holder right?

Actually it does, you need to buy separate accessories for it. There are mounting points at the bottom. From what I can see, you can just buy velcro straps and sling through the openings and use those to strap on a tripod.

I almost got one but when I saw it in person, I found it too big for me.

Hadley pro is the sex. I tried several backbags, dont really suit me. I think I should just save up for this sexy bag