instalments by debit card?

Status
Not open for further replies.

agentmonkey

Jul 10, 2004
www.flickr.com
is it possible to pay for installments with a debit card? looking to get a a macbook pro...was looking at their site and it only says credit card, so just wanted to double check and see if anyone might have used a debit card before. thanks

I doubt u can use a debit card to pay installment.. Coz installment they will at 1 shot deduct the amount and u will have to return the monthly instalment every month and it can only happen in a credit card. Even a credit card that has a limit of $500 will not be able to do it. Since a Macbook Pro cost most than $500 and they cant deduct more than $500 from ur card.

I doubt u can use a debit card to pay installment.. Coz installment they will at 1 shot deduct the amount and u will have to return the monthly instalment every month and it can only happen in a credit card. Even a credit card that has a limit of $500 will not be able to do it. Since a Macbook Pro cost most than $500 and they cant deduct more than $500 from ur card.
Your information is so pointless.

How does installment plan work via Credit Card, lets say you buy something from a shop, and they offer Installment via Credit Card Eg, UOB. UOB will pay for the item first to the shop, and later you will pay via installments back to UOB. Unless, the shop says IN HOUSE installment plans, that means you pay installments directly back to the shop. Not to the bank.

Debit cards are usually not linked with installments as a Debit card is linked direct to your bank account. Any transaction will be reflected directly on your account. So no bills and stuff for you, unlike a normal Credit Card, whereby the bank pays for you first and later you have to pay the bank back at the end of the month.

Ask the shop, if they have in house installment plans. Like courts etc, so that you don't need to have a credit card and you just pay direct back to the shop. Else wise, just apply for a simple credit card will do.

GMAN

inhouse installment comes with higher interests usually... think TS is toking about 0% installment.. Nope debit can't be use..
Courts interest rate is VERY high.. a victim myself last time.. if you dun have credit card juz save for a few more mths lor..

Last edited:

$500 limit for CC installment is item purchase must be more than $500 bah..

$500 limit for CC installment is item purchase must be more than $500 bah..

yah lor... i read his reply i also think one kind. if they limit installments to $500... then what's the point?

most shops that has 0% interest free installment, the item purchased must be at least $500. but not all lah... some is at least $300... depending on which bank's card.

but do note that some shops also charge 3% "admin fee" when you opt to pay via credit card installment. i usually boycott such shops... bloodsuckers :angry:

You better not try to pay via 0% interest free instalment plan with a debit card, the sales staff will LOL straight in you face. :nono: Seen this happened personally at Challenger.

Last edited:
alright. thanks for the reply guys..i'll get my bro to help me get with his credit card then...then i give him monthly installments. lol

alright. thanks for the reply guys..i'll get my bro to help me get with his credit card then...then i give him monthly installments. lol

take note that sometimes if you have instalment plan going on, the bank will not allow u to waive the annual fee (although most probably still will), because if u cancel ur instalment plan and pay the remaining loan in full, u'll need to incur a charge also.

Status
Not open for further replies.