InfraRed photography Outing - 5th Editon

Status
Not open for further replies.

PandaOng

May 14, 2004
InfraRedLand
Hi all,
there is an Infrared photoshoot outing on the making. For those who are interested and would like to find out more. Please follow this thread.

We are a bunch of pple who are shooting this genre of photograhy and hoping to get people who are interested to come and join us. As this form of photography (Digital) is still rather new, we are hoping that we are able to find more pple to come and share their view. :cool:

IR Outing #5 - Pulau Ubin (6 Feb 2005)

Shooting Location: Pulau Ubin (meet at Changi Jetty)
Date/Time: 06/02/05 0900hrs. (The Sunday before CNY)

If this date is not good then the next should be 20/02/05 as 13/02/05 is still CNY, don't know if boatman working or not.

1. PandaOng --> Let's get the ball rolling!
2. Ark19 -->Err, but I don't cycle hor, walk only...
3. gooseberry
4. Dennis-->Keen but will have to check nearer to date also walk only.
5. vortex

Guys take note of Max2.8's tips about shooting at Pulau Ubin that he posted in the previous thread.

There may some who don't want to or do not know how to cycle. We probably can split into 2 groups: the cycling and walking groups to do our things. Then meet up again around mid-day.

Here's Max2.8 post:
Hi guys,

I have been to P.Ubin quite a few times, I would advice not to walk, get a bike and cycle slowly, you will get to see more places because you will cover more areas. Not so tiring.

Don't forget Ubin is in the east side of Singapore, so at about 530-600pm, no need to shoot IR already, you will have to go early like 830am and reach there at 900am++ to get to shoot for about 7hrs.

Also check out the tide of that day, check out Chek Jawa at low tide(should be around 12-1pm), should be nice for IR with all the mangrove and seaweeds.

Cheers
Max 2.8

I rather walk, cycling difficult to take photo leh but of course can see more.

teerex said:
Guys take note of Max2.8's tips about shooting at Pulau Ubin that he posted in the previous thread.

There may some who don't want to or do not know how to cycle. We probably can split into 2 groups: the cycling and walking groups to do our things. Then meet up again around mid-day.

Here's Max2.8 post:
Hi guys,

I have been to P.Ubin quite a few times, I would advice not to walk, get a bike and cycle slowly, you will get to see more places because you will cover more areas. Not so tiring.

Don't forget Ubin is in the east side of Singapore, so at about 530-600pm, no need to shoot IR already, you will have to go early like 830am and reach there at 900am++ to get to shoot for about 7hrs.

Also check out the tide of that day, check out Chek Jawa at low tide(should be around 12-1pm), should be nice for IR with all the mangrove and seaweeds.

Cheers
Max 2.8

would love to go, but i can only make it at 1pm.

might be quite difficult to locate u guys there.
have to walk alot to catch up with u all

If this date is not good then the next should be 20/02/05 as 13/02/05 is still CNY, don't know if boatman working or not.

3. gooseberry
4. Dennis-->Keen but will have to check nearer to date also walk only.
5. vortex

Sorry guys. Can't make it, it's near CNY. Gotta settle some errands.

Have a great day there! :thumbsup:

Is the P. Ubin outing still on ?.

3. gooseberry
4. Dennis
5. vortex

Reconfirming that I'll be there if it's still on.

3. gooseberry
4. Dennis
5. vortex
6. eawtan (hopefully nothing else pops up, prefer walking).

We can go up to the "highest point" in Ubin and get some panos like : http://photobucket.com/albums/v351/eawtan/2004_Oct_Ubin/?action=view&current=pano3.jpg

Good time to go to Chek Jawa on Sun will be ~3pm, tide will be quite low.

Status
Not open for further replies.