Infinity focus on S602 problem (MF)

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkness

Aug 11, 2002
Visit site
Seems like there's a little issue with the infinity focus on the S602. When I rotate the focusing ring all the way clockwise until there's no more clicking from the camera, it's actually not at infinity focus. I need to rotate it a little way back (anti-clockwise) to get it to focus at infinity. Anyone else got this problem??? :dunno:

Originally posted by darkness
Seems like there's a little issue with the infinity focus on the S602. When I rotate the focusing ring all the way clockwise until there's no more clicking from the camera, it's actually not at infinity focus. I need to rotate it a little way back (anti-clockwise) to get it to focus at infinity. Anyone else got this problem??? :dunno:

It's normal.

Infinity is never at the limit in order to account for expansion contraction of the lens due to temperature.

But it sounds kind of weird to me to account for something *greater* than... infinity?? Didn't seem to notice such an effect on the S30 before... :D

Originally posted by darkness
But it sounds kind of weird to me to account for something *greater* than... infinity?? Didn't seem to notice such an effect on the S30 before... :D

Greater than infinity? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.