Indoor & Outdoor portraiture for children/toddler

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rachel Yan

Jul 20, 2004
Hi there

Am a new babie to takg shots for babies/toddler/children..wondering cld anybody out there share with me what mode/apecture/shutter speed/with or without flaslight for BEST taking the subjects I mentioned as above for Both Indoor & Outdoor Portraiture.

Need to improve and practice my skills and knowledge.. can share & furnish me some tips.. hope to gather & keep these valuable information ;p

Many thanks ...

One way is to try posting some of your work here and ask for some feedback ... if you're on to that, include the shutterspeed, aperture, which programme mode, flash or w/o flash and such for easy reference ...

AdamGoi said:
One way is to try posting some of your work here and ask for some feedback ... if you're on to that, include the shutterspeed, aperture, which programme mode, flash or w/o flash and such for easy reference ...

will consider.. but cos some of my frens', they do mind attachg their children's photograph in the net ..hence i didnt do it loh ..

thansk Adam.

Rachel Yan said:
Hi there

Am a new babie to takg shots for babies/toddler/children..wondering cld anybody out there share with me what mode/apecture/shutter speed/with or without flaslight for BEST taking the subjects I mentioned as above for Both Indoor & Outdoor Portraiture.

Need to improve and practice my skills and knowledge.. can share & furnish me some tips.. hope to gather & keep these valuable information ;p

Many thanks ...

ASSUMING that you really do not know much about camera (not unreasonable assumption because of the all singing/dancing things called cameras today), I would suggest that you do not shoot slower than 1/250. Then see if the smallest aperture with that shutter combination is sufficient for proper exposure. If not use a higher ASA or digital equivalent.

If you do not want to bother with all the aperture,speed,ASA, why not set your camera to programme mode with a high enough ASA and allow the camera to do the rest? And get a dedicated flash to your camera and set both to programme mode.

Good luck and have fun. But do it quickly! The toddler will grow up real fast! I have some quite nice photographs of my son taken with a point and shoot, an olympus I think (before the day I became afflicted with photography. Looking back these shots were quite nice and wonderful to embarrass him during his wedding day!)

Status
Not open for further replies.