Indoor antenna to view Malaysian TV channels.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canew

Jul 26, 2005
Tampines
hjgoh.spaces.live.com
Hello eveyone,

I was in Home Fix yesterday when I saw that they were selling some indoor TV antennas. (price ranged from about $20 ~ $180) Just wanted to know if anyone out there that has used such a device before? Does the floor that you are living in matters? I am living at a low floor.

TIA. :)

A less than $10 cheapo antenna from hardware shop also work.

Provided the area you are living in already have the signal around. Else how expensive you buy also no use.

I had used my self made antenna using wire and circular steel rim also can receive but clarity not as good.

take the old antenna cable, 1 end to the tv, another end to the window...

b4 that, get a used can, best is a milo tin or bigger, then poke a hole in the middle, then poke the cable's head into that hole, super powered BOWL....

You can get pretty good signal, of course if you are staying on high floor.
But, you should be able to get good signal if you adjust the antenna facing the window.

I managed to received TV1 and even some ESPN channel during worldcup. :)

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:

b4 that, get a used can, best is a milo tin or bigger, then poke a hole in the middle, then poke the cable's head into that hole, super powered BOWL....

USE THE COOKING WOK! :bsmilie:

Not a joke, i saw this idea from a usa website to receive signals.

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:

Or go to toy shop and get a metallic D2R2 and place it on the widow with antenna cable connected to it.

Move its arms to get best TV reception.

Best is your window is facing Malaysia.

Sion said:
Or go to toy shop and get a metallic D2R2 and place it on the widow with antenna cable connected to it.

Move its arms to get best TV reception.

Best is your window is facing Malaysia.

knn... its R2D2 lah...

I have one of these. Comes with a powered amplifier (i.e. you need to plug it into a power point). Makes a difference. I live on a low floor too. With it, I can receive Malaysia's TV3, TV8 and TV9 quite well. Heck, TV3 is clearer than CNA (via the MATV) for me. Can't seem to get TV7 though. YMMV.

Can run a cable from JB to yr house. comfirm can receive all the Malaysian chanels.

I bought the one with the amplifier but I find it useless so I just use the antenna and can receive not only malaysian chanels but also Indonesian chanels.

BTW OT a bit. since I dont watch singapore chanels (nothing to watch actually) do I still have to pay TV licence?:lovegrin:

Wow! Thanks for all the suggestions guys! :)
I actually ahve a normal indoor antenna now. Consists of 2 telescopic poles. Used it to receive Malaysian channels at 10th. floor last time in Bedok, but now moved to low floor in Tampines. Can't receive any Malaysian channels now. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.