India Trip 2007, New Delhi, Allahabad, Veranasi and Agra

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ramius75

Nov 21, 2005
Hi all,

Here is my photos from my recent India trip. comments and critiques welcome. All rights reserved :D

KidinBazaarSmall.jpg

kid- New Delhi, Main Bazaar

OldmaninMainBazaarIISmall.jpg

Untouchable oldman- New Delhi, Main Bazaar

DancingSmall.jpg

Dancing- New Delhi, Main Bazaar

ShopKeeperSmall.jpg

Shopkeeper, New Delhi, Main Bazaar

more

trainStationWeb.jpg

Flow, New Delhi TrainStation

stareWeb.jpg

Stare, New Delhi TrainStation

rickshawWeb.jpg

RickShaw Men, New Delhi, Main Bazaar B/W

whileyouweresleepingalsoWEB.jpg

Sleeper, Train to Allahabad

whileyouweresleepingWeb.jpg

Sleepers, Train to Allahabad

wakenWEB.jpg

Kid waking up, Train to Allahabad

MotherAndChildTravellerBWWEB.jpg

Mother And Child, Train to Allahabad B/W

streetofallahabadWEB.jpg

Street of Allahabad, Allahabad

Wah, you had all these gems hidden away while the rest were busy posting their photographs !!!

Thanks for sharing. Cool !!!

ramius, i think it is not celebration for spring. think they have a newborn at home.

besides, what's with that old man? why that appearance?

by the way, i like the sleepers and the night scene.

Judging by the bonfire they are celebrating Holi

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holi

TS when where you in India?

in january to catch kumbh mela, hence might not be what you mention. i thought i saw all of them going around a newborn, hence thought that is the case. i'm ahead of the other guys, so they may not have seen it.

ramius, you did flash for that?

in january to catch kumbh mela, hence might not be what you mention. i thought i saw all of them going around a newborn, hence thought that is the case. i'm ahead of the other guys, so they may not have seen it.

Yup a month too early for Holi.

Wah, you had all these gems hidden away while the rest were busy posting their photographs !!!

Thanks for sharing. Cool !!!

Hi thanks, i have been procratinating for a long long time, mainly due to working 12 hrs everyday since my trip. I still got some photos left, but need to find time to upload into computer and then some processing.

@zossh - ya i think ur right, i recall it might be doing with some newborn also. hahaha, think i better edit it.

will show more photos soon so that u guys can comment on it :)

ps; any idea why some of my photos could not appear as hotlink ?

nope i didnt flash that i think. taken with high ISO only.

Im not sure why that old man has this expression, He was already something like that when i spotted him. So i find it to be interesting and hence took this pic. He was standing and walking also, not sitting down.

Nice expressions captured for the people-photo

Raimus, maybe he is in deep thoughts and walk pass u...
Saw u have BIG CAMERA or you are bigger sized than him or u are doing your "hurrhuurrr (big laugh).
His eyes grow bigger and nearly popped out..
:bsmilie: (sorry, ..me being naughty!)

Raimus, maybe he is in deep thoughts and walk pass u...
Saw u have BIG CAMERA or you are bigger sized than him or u are doing your "hurrhuurrr (big laugh).
His eyes grow bigger and nearly popped out..
:bsmilie: (sorry, ..me being naughty!)

dunno leh, maybe. but he is fully wrapped up also as in the picture. I think too bad i never took a full body picture... think have to change my photography habit so that i can take more pics and have a better picture.

Moderator's note:

Moving this to Portrait & Poses which I think is more appropriate gallery.

Moderator's note:

hi moderator, i think raimus's thread should be in the travel.

he is one of our team-mate when we travelled in india.
with me, zoosh and bibento..

i guess he put the people shots 1st.
:heart:

Moderator's note:

yes, please, i got some pictures of buildings, tombs and others as soon as i can download them into my HD. Thanks and sorry for the trouble.

Hi LOTUSfairy,

The reason why I moved this thread here is because most of the pics posted are portraitures, and moving it to portrait gallery will garner more interests and better comments as members with different interests will generally visit only the galleries they are interested. So for travel photos, it might be good to separate them out into different galleries for posting, but of course I would also have no issue if you jumble up everything into one thread and post them in the travel gallery. Rule of thumb is as long as there are a few landscape pics then it will generally not get moved.

Cheers. :)

Hi LOTUSfairy,

The reason why I moved this thread here is because most of the pics posted are portraitures, and moving it to portrait gallery will garner more interests and better comments as members with different interests will generally visit only the galleries they are interested. So for travel photos, it might be good to separate them out into different galleries for posting, but of course I would also have no issue if you jumble up everything into one thread and post them in the travel gallery. Rule of thumb is as long as there are a few landscape pics then it will generally not get moved.

Cheers. :)

hehe..was helping Raimus to clarify lor (me kepo, paiseh)..:) cheers...:)

Finally recovered some of the photos due to a faulty HDD...

will post more in the future.

HolyCowSmall.jpg

Holy Cow, Street of Allahabad

The cow is trying to keep itself warm during the cold night. And ppl are starting burning rubbish everywhere to keep themselves warm too. Temp is around 10-15 degree at that time.

buffetSmall.jpg

Buffet at Party

StreetOfAllahabadSmall.jpg

Street, Allahabad

streetpartySmall.jpg

Street Party, Allahabad

Saw this street party on our way to the kumah mela. There got fireworks, musics, discos and lotsa great food We were invited as guests and one of the photographer even got thrown into the air for celebration

cheerSmall.jpg

IMG_0869Small.jpg

Bashful girl, Allahabad

cityofAllahabadSmall.jpg

City of Allahabad, Allahabad

Status
Not open for further replies.