Independence

pinkpiggy209

Jul 31, 2010
Singapore
flickr.com
4782629522_775a03da39_b.jpg

1. in what area is critique to be sought?
Post processing and other areas
2. what one hopes to achieve with the piece of work?
Show the glory and celebration of independence
3. under what circumstance is the picture taken?
Unprepared :x (the jets were really quick). Emotions: Happy
4. what the critique seeker personally thinks of the picture
The colours and way the planes emerge form behind the building bring out the feel of glory and patriotism.

Last edited:
Yes, Its an honor to see those fighting plane above your head. What i personally think that, the plane and the sky are far too "fake" It looks like a copy and paste of picture.
Did you crop the picture? Looks like there are too much noise in your picture, furthermore, the windows of the hotel doesn't look peasant to me. All i can say is: NOISE.

If you are interested in post-processing, get a copy of cs4/5 + LightRoom 3.0. LightRoom is important as it removes noises almost 90% of it.

Composition wise, i'm not that pro. But already you said that you are unprepared, all i can say is that, on the actual day, go full-gear and standby around 5pm. Get a lens where its wide-angle. Capture the whole 'ship', it would be nicer.

Cheers :D

Yes, Its an honor to see those fighting plane above your head. What i personally think that, the plane and the sky are far too "fake" It looks like a copy and paste of picture.
Did you crop the picture? Looks like there are too much noise in your picture, furthermore, the windows of the hotel doesn't look peasant to me. All i can say is: NOISE.

If you are interested in post-processing, get a copy of cs4/5 + LightRoom 3.0. LightRoom is important as it removes noises almost 90% of it.

Composition wise, i'm not that pro. But already you said that you are unprepared, all i can say is that, on the actual day, go full-gear and standby around 5pm. Get a lens where its wide-angle. Capture the whole 'ship', it would be nicer.

Thanks! Will take note of the noise :x Didnt crop the picture I think its the post processing >< will try lightroom soon haha~
what do you mean by a cut and paste of picture? :x

Thanks! Will take note of the noise :x Didnt crop the picture I think its the post processing >< will try lightroom soon haha~
what do you mean by a cut and paste of picture? :x
Cut&Paste: As in, the plane is too 'pop-out' of the sky. In singapore term, we said it as "Photoshop".

Yes, go for the trial version. You wouldn't be unsatisfied with the result.
I personally uses lightroom and photoshop too.

Last edited:
nice catch that's up close...good that the verticals are aligned...anyway, too much space on top:)

nice catch that's up close...good that the verticals are aligned...anyway, too much space on top:)

Oh yea. Milo, you caught me. Seriously. When i was looking at the picture, i was wondering what went wrong, but just can't figure me out. After your post, i realize its that there are too many space above. perhaps its because of the blue on the sky make me never think of it...

:D

Oh yea. Milo, you caught me. Seriously. When i was looking at the picture, i was wondering what went wrong, but just can't figure me out. After your post, i realize its that there are too many space above. perhaps its because of the blue on the sky make me never think of it...

:) just offer some views..

Haha thanks :p there was someone infront of my so i couldnt lower the frame ><

Cut&Paste: As in, the plane is too 'pop-out' of the sky. In singapore term, we said it as "Photoshop".

Yes, go for the trial version. You wouldn't be unsatisfied with the result.
I personally uses lightroom and photoshop too.

Haha i didnt really use photoshop :x just mainly adjusted the basic colours and brightness and contrast etc :x