In Memory of Yashica System

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonathan_wong

Jul 29, 2005
Pasir Ris/Thomson
www.ez-stab.com
I am letting go all the Yashica lenses and Body. Built the system over the years but for the past 8 years I have not used them at all. Sitting in drybox doing nothing apart from periodic maintenance. Great system in the old days where FILM dominated everything.

No 20mm from Yashica, so used the old Russian MIR. This lens is Military quality and can rival many modern Japanese

MIR-20mm-F35.jpg

A very good Vivitar M42 24mm F2. Tag sharp and nice of some pictures taken in 90s.

Vivitar-24mm-M42.jpg

I found this guy in Japan. Hard to find everywhere else.

Yashica-24F35.jpg

Zeiss quality 50mmF1.4. Super nice B&W photo. Pity I dont use it anymore. Age getting me so all Nikon AFD now..

Yashica-50mmF14.jpg

Another super sharp ML prime. With the F1.4, F1.7 get used less

Yashica-50mmF17.jpg

A rare sample of 28-50ML F2.5 which is in NEW condition. I used it only a few times after buying from USA. The last time my kid was only 3 years old when I used it. Now the kid is already 11.

Yashica-28-50F35.jpg

Old school KIT LENS. Ha ha. Junk? Well, usable lah.

Yashica-35-70F35.jpg

80-200F4, I bought this for the sake of having it. Zeiss quality maybe, but I am not a zoom fan. So this lens was seldom used. Maybe great on a Pentax/Canon DSLR

Yashica-80-200F4ML.jpg

I shot a lot of great street shots with this lens. It is still like new, metal zoom. They do not build lenses like these anymore. Sharp like the Tamron etc

Yashica-28-80F4.jpg

Apart from the beloved Jupiter 85mm F2, I like this 200mm F4 compact. The colour is a bit old and plain, but sharpness is there even wide open.

Yashica-200F4ML-Compact.jpg

Should I get a DSLR to use all these lenses? :dunno:

Buy a Canon/Oly camera to use your great lens. Adapters are easy to find now.
I want to take your lens but i have so many MF lens now already.
BTW, i also email to ask you about the Jupiter last week but u havent replied me yet :cry: I'm interested.

Hi Sir

Yes its the famous Jupiter 85mm F2 latest batch black lens with multi coating. I shot one roll of Fuji Acro last week and let Konota processed it. When I got back the shots my jaw dropped onto the floor.

Shooting too much digital cam I have forgotten how B&W looks I have not been shooting for the past 5 years on B&W, only murk around with a Fujifilm S602 and Nikon 5400. Not to mention the D70s and a D80 now.

I have got rid of many Nikkor lenses not realizing I could use them on the Pentax 100D or Canon bodies!

The Jupiter might be the one I should keep.... the rest, all let go....

It's okay. I'm asking because i saw that u posted the Jupiter for sale.

BTW, Adapters C/Y -> EOS, M42 -> EOS, Nikon -> EOS with AF Confirm chip is available in Tagotech (tagotech.com) and Orient photo. I'm using all MF lens now on 40D with those adapter. Bought some and revive old MF lens such as ur beloved Jupiter :D

Hi Srono

Thanks for the great information. I started with D100 and follow until now D70s and D80, was mainly because I have the good range of primes from 17mm to 180mm for Nikkor AFD. I had the notion that every DSLR is limited to the same brand mount (although Sigma is making some heck of good lenses. But 3rd party Digital lenses are over priced in my own opinion).

Having said that, apart from the 18-70 AFS G lens which I use for casual murk around (which turned out super well in a wedding shoot also), I do not understand why now people are so crazy about those super zooms that gives really bad results. When you talk about prime lenses and MF, people tend to look at you like a monster dinasour. Actually, for about $500, you can pick up a few good old primes...... I really do not understand why people whould spend a few thousand on a D body and stick a lousy zoom on it. Its like driving a BMW with bicycle wheels :confused:

The reason that drove me to look for Pentax/Canon DSLR is because of the lenses like Jupiter 85mm F2, Helios, Old Carl Zeiss Zena and an old Leice 60mm Macro. The inherent design of NIkon mount is small and no way to take them. I nearly got tricked by a Hong Kong camera repair man to put Nikon F mount on the Leica lenses (with a high price and no guarantee to focus infinity, NO AF of course).

I have some old Pentax Takuma lenses with big aperture. I like to use one of the Yashica 50mm F1.4 also. For the rest of the Yashica lenses, they are great but I don't use them for many years. It is best to let someone who appreciates it to use it. The 28-50 F3.5 is heck of a lens. I hope someone will take it.

Now the problem is which DSLR. Thinking about the Canon 450D. Or a used one.

I think ClubSnap should open a section called M42 or MF lens section.

Get a Pentax. Pentax camera bodies are very affordable and best of all, all your lenses get to enjoy shake reduction. I believe even your Yashica/Contax mount lenses can be used with a little modification.

Status
Not open for further replies.