In love with Olympus XA :)

Yudiandra Yuwono

May 17, 2015
Hi mate,

Im nothin new to film photography and already exposed myself since roughly 10 years with my beloved Minolta X-700. About 2-3 years ago im tryin to go digital with Canon but somehow it didnt feel the same (got good result but feel different).

Somehow recently I stole myself an Olympus XA (brought for just under 80$ is that a real bargain??) in perfect condition, never used and sealed away on its box. Well then my journey begin and........................

Its truly amazing. I love it so much.

Anw is there any recognizable troubles with this little beauty? Would any of you felt the same with this camera? Is there any suggestion on something else I might fell in love with? Feel free to share it mate

109255-love-olympus-xa-tank-6.jpg.att

109257-love-olympus-xa-tank-3.jpg.att

I share few of em and the rest comin in to in Instagram lately before I put up my website again (instagram.com/yudiandra.y/)

Cheers mate!

Totally agree with you. Just grabbed one few months back and now I cant leave home without it.
May I ask where did you get your XA? $80 BNIB is a steal!!

I have the xa-2, I was blown away with how much thought that went into the design! There's a mini stand that's often overlooked and it's so pocket friendly. The zone focusing is simple and really works very well for streets or for days that I don't wanna diddle with settings

$80?!!! Damn! Made me miss my XA :)
XA is very nice and compact and i love how it weights...

I have the xa-2, I was blown away with how much thought that went into the design! There's a mini stand that's often overlooked and it's so pocket friendly. The zone focusing is simple and really works very well for streets or for days that I don't wanna fiddle with settings. Yet to try the original. Would you think the rf window is too small? How's the manual focusing like?

Some foolish are somehow sold with that price to me, funny how some ppl are failing to appreciate the beauty of this little beast.
Anw Im totally agree with you guys about how wonderfull this stuff is especially street-wise! no one would even notice you.

The difference between XA and XA2 is the aperture control rite? idk much about XA2 but the zone focusing is cool.