improve picture sharpness of D5000

Status
Not open for further replies.

wolvie77

Nov 15, 2009
Hi! all. i've been taking some pix with my Nikon D5000 with its 18-55mm kit lens. however, as i scrutinise the pix by zooming in, i notice that it doesn't capture enough details & some noise was also observed. are there any settings on the D5000 to increase the image sharpness to capture more details?

1. Pixel-peeping at 100% will rarely make anyone happy, especially if you are talking about JPEG, which is compressed.
2. Post a sample pic, with full EXIF intact, and what aspect of the picture is "not sharp enough" for you.
3. Learn how to use your equipment. Know the strengths and limitations.

....however, as i scrutinise the pix by zooming in, i notice that it doesn't capture enough details & some noise was also observed. are there any settings on the D5000 to increase the image sharpness to capture more details?

u are using on-camera LCD to do this ?

see it on a regular sized screen better and then adjust sharpness contrast etc etc via Photoshop

Hi! all. i've been taking some pix with my Nikon D5000 with its 18-55mm kit lens. however, as i scrutinise the pix by zooming in, i notice that it doesn't capture enough details & some noise was also observed. are there any settings on the D5000 to increase the image sharpness to capture more details?

some questions i would like to ask:
1) is your focus on the subject correct?
2) did your hands shake alot when taking pictures at lower shutter speeds (like below 1/10secs)?

and to answer your question, there are settings to improve the sharpness of every picture you capture.

Perhaps posting some sample shots and 100% crop would help.

Status
Not open for further replies.