IMF/WBank security

Status
Not open for further replies.

reachme2003

Oct 6, 2003
wow, passed by raffles city last night. almost a locked down situation on all entries/exits. each were manned by a team of 2 gurkhas/landrover flashing. one armed with a shot gun and another with an MP5. at carpark's entrance was a anti-ramming device.

+evenstar said:
i always wonder what the shot gun is for...won't the dispersed pellets hit innocent people? (unless it's a mass attack or sth)

Not too sure about their ROEs :sweat: but I think it might be loaded with either rubber slugs or beanbag rounds (Flexible baton round) - both are non lethal ammo instead live ammo :)

those who do sentry duties will know that there are no bullets in the magazine in the rifles. the bullets are sealed and taped in another magazine in the SBO.

+evenstar said:
i always wonder what the shot gun is for...won't the dispersed pellets hit innocent people? (unless it's a mass attack or sth)

kiwitan said:
those who do sentry duties will know that there are no bullets in the magazine in the rifles. the bullets are sealed and taped in another magazine in the SBO.

not too sure bout that. but we do have contradicting ROEs for spf and saf. i know SAF's mags are not loaded. but SPF's mags are loaded. cant speak for gurkhas' or the men dats deployed now though.

Klose said:
Not too sure about their ROEs :sweat: but I think it might be loaded with either rubber slugs or beanbag rounds (Flexible baton round) - both are non lethal ammo instead live ammo :)

When i was a little boy, my classmates and i used to play around with water pistols at the void deck and the field near my house. The poorer ones like me will suffice with a plastic $0.70 "little cricket". The richer ones will be armed with battery operated water pistol shotgun, M-16 and "bazookas"..... Come to think of it, a hit from the water shotgun is kinda painful if you get hit in ur eyes........:sweat:

maestrolik said:
When i was a little boy, my classmates and i used to play around with water pistols at the void deck and the field near my house. The poorer ones like me will suffice with a plastic $0.70 "little cricket". The richer ones will be armed with battery operated water pistol shotgun, M-16 and "bazookas"..... Come to think of it, a hit from the water shotgun is kinda painful if you get hit in ur eyes........:sweat:

Actually a slug to the temple can kill. :bigeyes:

kiwitan said:
not true.

depends on which camp u're in la.
mine is loaded. no kidding. ready to kill. then again, it was back then... :thumbsup:

All are loaded with live rounds.

is loaded with live rounds according to a friend who is a security there

i think the shotgun is meant to blow out tyres of incoming (threathening) vehicles while the MP5 to take out personnels, including the driver.

+evenstar said:

Yup its loaded. Its not only meant to blow up tyres.To use it when necessary. Pump guns were also used on cobras in the past when we were called in to capture it

+evenstar said:

looks nicer to have varieties.. if every of them is same equip, it'll be boring i guess.. or at least wont make any discussion here... to hit innocent people? ermm.. provided there is 'innocent person' for a 'dead' place like what it's right now...

kiwitan said:

i'm pretty sure that this situation is different actually..

probably loaded but maybe not live rounds, but rubber pellets.

yes can kill, but still, more to injure than to kill. the percentage of death is lower.

Status
Not open for further replies.