Imbiah Macro

Status
Not open for further replies.

doyqw

Jul 9, 2006
Jurong
doyqw.multiply.com
Recently realised I had the special liking towards macro shooting. Decided to work hard on it... From a weekend shoot at Imbiah in Sentosa... Comments & critics welcomed...

IMG_2020-800.jpg

IMG_2021-800.jpg

IMG_2027-800.jpg

IMG_2028-800.jpg

the photos of the bee and the bluebottles really blow me away!
sharp, contrasty subjects with creamy bokeh backdrop:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
simply gorgeous.

care to share your set-up?;p

p.s- haha, was the fruitfly in the 1st 2 photos feeding on a noni fruit? looks like ;)

the photos of the bee and the bluebottles really blow me away!
sharp, contrasty subjects with creamy bokeh backdrop:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
simply gorgeous.

care to share your set-up?;p

p.s- haha, was the fruitfly in the 1st 2 photos feeding on a noni fruit? looks like ;)

Wow... Thanks... Didn't expect such a kind first comment...

My setup:
- EOS 400D
- EF 100mm F2.8 Macro
- 430EX Flash with Stofen Omnibounce

The "fruitfly" was feeding on a white-tish flower which has a long white bud in the middle. Not sure if that's a noni fruit....

Wow... Thanks... Didn't expect such a kind first comment...

My setup:
- EOS 400D
- EF 100mm F2.8 Macro
- 430EX Flash with Stofen Omnibounce

The "fruitfly" was feeding on a white-tish flower which has a long white bud in the middle. Not sure if that's a noni fruit....

hi! i have EF100mm F2.8 macro but can never seem to get such good details.. did u crop it?
or how do u get so close?? moving very very slowly? ehheee

hi! i have EF100mm F2.8 macro but can never seem to get such good details.. did u crop it?
or how do u get so close?? moving very very slowly? ehheee

Err... Definitely have to crop... Can't move toooooo close else the insects will fly off... This is about a 60% crop off the original 10MP image...

the last 2 shots of the bee are :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.