Image browsers w. EXIF?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr.Ron

Sep 25, 2003
Singapore
Visit site
I'm looking for better software to download the images from my Canon A70. I started with the original software, but hated it, so my friend turned me to Ofoto, which allows you to do some quick manipulations - rotations, cropping, etc. But using Ofoto means that you lose the EXIF info, which is annoying.

Has anyone got any suggestions? I did a search and two packages were mentioned - breezeBrowser and Irfanview. Does anyone know anything about these?

Finally, before I forget, is there any software that will extract images into folders based on the image date? There's nothing more boring than dumping two weeks of pictures into one fat folder and sorting through it (which is where I figured the EXIF would help).

Thanks all.

Doesn't your A70 comes with ZoomBrowser? That allows you the option to create subfolders based on shooting date.

Irfanview is great, I like particularly the batch option for resize/crop and renaming. The resampling function is also good. Since it is free why not just try it. Only draw back is it somehow thinks a Canon RAW file is only 640×480.

Thanks for all the suggestions - I've had a quick look at Irfanview and it does look good.

Status
Not open for further replies.