i'm more and more appreciative of my 18-55mm lens

what does abuse front element of the lens meant? :)

i did some night shots yesterday, shooting the streets near my place,and the moon with tripod. hope to hear some advise.

by knocking your lens front element unnecessarily.

by knocking your lens front element unnecessarily.

oh roger that. hmmm do you guys normally kep capping your lens ,until you want to shoot,then take out the cap and shoot,then cover again. and then want to shoot,takeout again.

or normally you all only uncap when bringing the dslr out,and cap back when reach home?

oh roger that. hmmm do you guys normally kep capping your lens ,until you want to shoot,then take out the cap and shoot,then cover again. and then want to shoot,takeout again.

or normally you all only uncap when bringing the dslr out,and cap back when reach home?

I normally cap-uncap etc when shooting and not shooting to protect and take care of my lens.

Off topic a bit, but will usually buay tahan when I see people walking around (usually commuting etc) with cam slung around neck without lens cap on and not taking pics. Makes me feel like giving the lens with friendly tap with a hammer so that it might hopefully encourage them to take better care of their equipment. :devil: :p

Do pardon me for my :devil: thoughts. :p

I normally cap-uncap etc when shooting and not shooting to protect and take care of my lens.

Off topic a bit, but will usually buay tahan when I see people walking around (usually commuting etc) with cam slung around neck without lens cap on and not taking pics. Makes me feel like giving the lens with friendly tap with a hammer so that it might hopefully encourage them to take better care of their equipment. :devil: :p

if they are on filter, it still ok.

They may be getting ready for a shootable moment?

Hi,

May be they are taking video of the.... :think:

Have a nice day.

if they are on filter, it still ok.
Agreed, not as bad, though most I see are those with the kit lens. ;p
They may be getting ready for a shootable moment?

Hi,

May be they are taking video of the.... :think:

Have a nice day.

Haha, don't think they are taking vids or waiting for shootable moment? They were either waiting at the bus stop or running for bus or in the train chatting with their friend(s). ;p LOL, ok, back to topic, guess I shouldn't make noise since its not my lens and money, hehe.. ;p Sorry for the OT, everyone. ;p

Hi guys,

I'm about to buy my first DSLR. 450D. So I guess the ideal lens will be the 18-55mm lens. What is the difference between the IS and non-IS version?

And would this lens, be the ideal lens for begginers?

Hi guys,

I'm about to buy my first DSLR. 450D. So I guess the ideal lens will be the 18-55mm lens. What is the difference between the IS and non-IS version?

And would this lens, be the ideal lens for begginers?

i thought 450D already end of line?

IS = image stablizer

if u have shaky hands (DSLR is heavier then point and shoot), IS will helps.

@orlylow The IS version is newer, higher quality, has better glass, and is equipped with IS. Tho it's much recommended to get something higher grade, as, if you're not careful, they autofocusing element may spoil.

If got money, upgrade.

If limited budget, it is a good lens to keep.

always love my Kit Lens (18-55 IS)..;) wanted to change at one stage cause of BBB then think twice..Kit Lens has served me well throughout my holiday trip...very happy with it..no reason to change at the moment..18-55mm suits me just well...

go for the one with IS. its soooo much better

18-55mm IS handheld

IMG_0410.jpg

IMG_1581--.jpg

haha same same :)

18-55mm IS handheld @ ISO 1600.

Bro... what cam u using... ISO 1600 look pretty good.... :)
350D.

anyway, i did pp the pic abit to add some constrast and unsharp mask. :)