i'm going on holiday. which lens and equipment should i bring?

as above.

thanks for all the inputs from the seniors here :D

The luggage limit is 20KG

i'm planning to shoot:

Macro
Landscape
Portraits
Abstract
Street
Food
Sports

Thanks

:bsmilie:

you sure sis you're going on holiday not photo trip assignment? if you want to shoot all of the above you need to bring all your gears :)

but I think if you have your 100mm f2.8 MACRO lens this should cover (Macro, Portraits, food) landscape your handly 16-80 should do this will cover (landscape, street abstract). For sport it's hard unless you have your 70-200 or 70-300G

so all in all you need maybe 3 or 4 lenses
100 f2.8
16-80
70-200 or 20-300

you can also bring small primes if you still have space like 50 f1.4 or 85 f2.8

Oh your camera bag just bring it a carry on they don't count it as carry on e.g. you can have two bag one laptop/camera bag plus on more if you want.

Keep your Dslr at home and get a super zoom cam... Stop trolling the newbies, Kei... Hahaha

Bring the lens that says "For Holidays".

Bring some short skirts and leave photography to the uncles you'll meet. :bsmilie:

Don't forget clean underwear

Best posts in the thread.

Just wear the short skirts and clean underwear and ask any camera-uncles you see at the tourists spots to take your picture and email to you. They will excitedly write down your email while their drool drips down the D4. Am sure they will go back upload and zoom in at 100% to pixel peep at you so don't let them take low angle shots.

Nono

This isn't a joke

Okay, in that case my serious answer is....................switch to MICRO FOUR THIRDS and you'll never have to worry about the size of your gear ever again! :devil:

If its a holiday bring only one lens. The one that you can use for most of the given scenarios. :bsmilie:

harnamsc said:
Okay, in that case my serious answer is....................switch to MICRO FOUR THIRDS and you'll never have to worry about the size of your gear ever again! :devil:

but i'm using an NEX-7. Small enough?

NEX 7 not much lenses to choose from :) 18-200 would be your choice and for macro the 30mm? for portraits your MF lenses for sport I don't know you can try your 18-200

this is if you don't have LA-EA2 if you do then bring your A-Mount lenses hehe

No.

mini-digital-rangefinder-camera-7489_600.0000001301604530.jpg

Sell away your nex7 n lenses n go for rx100 n still got spare cash for other things. One camera settle all your lenses problem.