Ilford fp4 plus problem.

JGHan

Feb 11, 2012
singapore
www.flickr.com
Hello, does anybody know about the problem that I'm facing? Have been developing a few rolls of 120 fp4+ and I get white spots on my scanned pictures.

15639071459_a190176622_c.jpg
[/url]ilford fp4+ problem by HANJG, on Flickr[/IMG]

I used hc110 1:31, 9mins, 20 deg, with standard stop bath and fixing procedures and dilutions. I've found a similar article http://www.apug.org/forums/forum246/85012-ilford-film-problem-marks-all-over-strip.html . They've narrowed the problem down to the washing procedure however this does not seem to be my case as I've found the marks straight after the fixing stage. Can it be due to fp4+ being allergic to hc 110, operator error or just bad luck on my part? Ive used fresh fixer and wash water and the problem still persists. I've never had any problems with delta 400, hp5+ ,delta 3200 or any other film. Will appreciate any advice, thank you.

Are the rolls expired? U have the scan samples you can post? I kenna something similar with expired rolls too.

The rolls are fresh. The scanned sample is the pic i've included in the previous post. I've only shot and developed fp4+ on two occasions. Last year and last month, both times with fresh store bought rolls and I keep getting those white spots. Very weird leh, I only get the problems with fp4+. I dont get whats going on zzzz.

Can u show the spots to us? Does it happen to only part of the roll which was exposed later?

Sorry I don't get what you mean. You want to see the negatives? The white spots are all over the picture in my first post. It happens on most/all of the pictures in the rolls. I usually finish the whole roll in one shooting session.

I had this issue with ilford roll film as well. It's the emulsion sticking to the paper backing or the backing layer after it's exposed just prior to development. So after u open up the roll in the dark bag to develop, part of the emulsion gets peeled off. This is an ilford only issue from my experience. Had no such experience with Kodak or fuji.

Ahh saw your pic, same issue for even a fresh roll I did 2 weeks ago. The white spots are very visible on areas with a single tone such as sky or water. Same issue also appear on a roll of expired SFX200 so not sure if its due to expiry or sticking.

Lualua, is it because of humidity that causes the sticking? No issues on any of the kodak or fuji rolls for me too, only ilford.

Long time user of kodak and fuji and no issues with their 120 films. I think I'll just stick to neopan and tri-x for 120 then. No problems with 135mm ilford. I love their hp5+ and delta 3200. Thank you keechoon and lualua for the advice.

Last edited: