If you like fisheye, don't read this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

daxdigital

May 12, 2008
Singapore/Manila
I hate fisheye lenses and effects. But why so many people love them?

I don't like bending lines that are supposed to be straight. I don't like people turned into bubbles or grass or whatever because of the distortions it creates. Ick.

Rectilinear wide lenses are available and can do the job of capturing wide spaces.
Why do many photographers don't have one in their kit? And why do many people like fisheye? I hate it!

i hate telephoto lenses and effects. but why so many people use it?

i don't like perspectives that don't look like what i see when standing from the spot i am in. i don't like people being isolated from the background and all the other inaccuracies it creates from reality.

walking is available and can do the job of capturing closeup detail.
why do many people like telephoto? i hate it!

i hate macro lenses and effects. but why so many people use it?

i don't like seeing more detail than what i see in real life. i think insects should just appear small, the way they should look like in real life. i don't think that their feelers should be seen, nor should pollen grains and furry things on legs and all the things that weren't meant to be.

why do so many people like macro? i hate it!

read somewhere before that Picasso loved the photos from the fisheye lens.

i hate macro lenses and effects. but why so many people use it?

i don't like seeing more detail than what i see in real life. i think insects should just appear small, the way they should look like in real life. i don't think that their feelers should be seen, nor should pollen grains and furry things on legs and all the things that weren't meant to be.

why do so many people like macro? i hate it!

:bheart::bheart::bheart:

I don't like bending lines that are supposed to be straight. I don't like people turned into bubbles or grass or whatever because of the distortions it creates. Ick.

Rectilinear wide lenses are available and can do the job of capturing wide spaces.
Why do many photographers don't have one in their kit? And why do many people like fisheye? I hate it!

Now i know why some of my fishes committed suicide by jumping out of the tank........ they hate what they see................

a fisheye lens can be used to great effect, if you use it right, and use it properly.

same goes for hdr, wide lens, telephoto lens, any sort of lens and technique always has its positive examples and negative examples.

link 1
link 2
link 3
link 4
link 5

these are shots which work, precisely because they are fisheye. you may disagree, but i think there is some merit to it.

there is nothing which is useless in photography, merely knowing how to harness it properly instead of following blindly.

A Rectilinear lens cost in the tunes of 3k brand new. Many get away with a wide angle zoom. Oh, a 14mm 114° rect lens still has distortion though it is less pronounced if controlled well.

I think fisheyes are great lenses to work with. well of course if you see 400 fisheye photos on a wedding album, it would be repulsive...

Is this a thread to cure BBB virus???:bsmilie:

a fisheye lens can be used to great effect, if you use it right, and use it properly.

same goes for hdr, wide lens, telephoto lens, any sort of lens and technique always has its positive examples and negative examples.

link 1
link 2
link 3
url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/erikvanhannen/2155597012/]link 4[/url]
link 5

Ready like the #2 link.

I suggest you try the macro lens on an XMM.

You may start to enjoy macro photography. :D

:sweat: bro, you always make such funny statements.

macro what, eyelash-which-can-kill-a-lizard? :bsmilie:

:sweat:, can i tell those XMM consider it as a special theme, so give me TFCD :lovegrin:

I suggest you turn off the lights before you jump into the bed with another person.

The fishes have just seen too much of it. :D

:sweat: you part-time PI?

Now i know why some of my fishes committed suicide by jumping out of the tank........ they hate what they see................

This is a good one!

whatever lens does have it own characteristic, use it wisely will serve it purpose.

anyhow using it, whether is a fisheye, wideangle, or tele, will make people sick anyway.

ah, now i know why all lohun fish got a big bump on the their head.:bsmilie::bsmilie::bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.