if u r always 1 step slower then other

It may be due to that you're in a job that you have no interests in or that the nature of the job does not draw upon your talent. It also be due to communication failures in the performance process or simply due to the system being exploited.

Have you considered other sectors or industries? Some are simply more lucrative than others like chemical, oil and gas, pharmaceuticals or simply the public sector.

Good luck. :)

what will u do if u r always 1 step slower then other...
u r not that smart...
u r slower...
not that capable...
even when u work extra hours...
even that u spend more effort on ur job/task...
u still not as good as ur coll... no matter he/she are same age/working experience/qualification

ur hard work mean nothing...

what will u do??

where ppl can reach "C" without starting from "A" and go through "B"

what will u do if u r always 1 step slower then other...
u r not that smart...
u r slower...
not that capable...
even when u work extra hours...
even that u spend more effort on ur job/task...
u still not as good as ur coll... no matter he/she are same age/working experience/qualification

ur hard work mean nothing...

what will u do??

where ppl can reach "C" without starting from "A" and go through "B"

if like you said, you should be glad you worked extra ard so far, else you might lost your job already. there ar many other qualities person that are important: integrity/honesty, ability to network, good comm skill, good temper etc. slow/not smart does not mean end of the world.

Last edited:
if like you said, you should be glad you worked extra ard so far, else you might lost your job already. there ar many other qualities person that are important: integrity/honesty, ability to network, good comm skill, good temper etc. slow/not smart does not mean end of the world.

Thanks, you somehow make my day. i just reach my office and saw your reply, it is a good start(it is 6:46am here)

It may be due to that you're in a job that you have no interests in or that the nature of the job does not draw upon your talent. It also be due to communication failures in the performance process or simply due to the system being exploited.

Have you considered other sectors or industries? Some are simply more lucrative than others like chemical, oil and gas, pharmaceuticals or simply the public sector.

Good luck. :)

Do not really considering it, as i am still enjoying what i am doing now.

Do not really considering it, as i am still enjoying what i am doing now.

It is most important you enjoy what you do.
I am now dragging myself to go to work everyday.
Once upon a time I enjoyed my work.
Now when I work, I have to worry about office politics, people back stab me,
my own (ex) manager's seemingly wise but very cruel remarks and style of challenging us.

BTW as a manager I would expect him to help us solve our issue. How many of us can stay feeling motivated when our own manager scold us up side down in front of your own staff, treat you with no respect? sigh. sorry to OT and complain here :embrass:

Hi liki,

To quote you what a Swiss psychiatrist, Carl Jung once said - character is your destiny! We think and do what we we want/are thinking and doing. And hence that is what eventually becomes of us.

To quote you what a Singapore psychologist once written in her notes - if you do what you have always been doing, then the results would be the same as what you have always done!

In layman terms, don't keep doing what you are not happy doing it. Then the outcome will not be the same to make you unhappy again.

For language, English was my 3rd language (my 1st is hokkien, 2nd is chinese ;) )but I still can con angmoh to buy things from me and use me in their business deals.

Language is a type of communication media, you dun really have to be superbly good at a language if you can make people understand you. I can speak proper mandarin but when I go certain parts of China, they dun understand a lot of terms and words that I used. But I wouldn't say I'm bad in mandarin though. Its just how you make use of it to make people understand you.

I have worked with many foreigners before and most of them cannot even finish a proper sentence but we still been working together for many years.

In terms of work, I told a lot of my staffs and friends before that all humans are unique. Your character and background are suitable to do certain things and excel when putting them at the correct role. The problem is usually where is that position or person that will identify you among the seas of people. This is what we call mismatched.

Say in our society, everyone wants to be a lawyer, doctor, CEO, president etc. But exactly how many of us are suitable? How many of us have the correct thinking, experience, training and opportunity? For the 1st 3, you can acquired them if you want. i.e if you think and plan correctly, you can apply for jobs that enhance your experience and attend courses to upgrade yourself. The latter is the worst - opportunity, which is beyond us.

Opportunity is when chance meet preparation. This is always the hardest part. So get yourself prepared first, your chance will come only when you get prepared!

So go out to capture more light when you are free, Singapore is always sunny :cool:

At times, you just had to face it that life is not fair..

Take a step back & look at the working society hierarchy

You will realise that those who work hard non-stop are mostly manual labourers or cleaners at the bottom,
whereas those working smart are directors, lawyers, etc on the top, whom are sipping afternoon tea or wine while earning lots more than you

Therefore, there you go, it had very little to do with hard work

In the current society, hard work can only let you stay in the same position at best.
Work smart, think out of the box, stand out from the pack are the ways to advance !

Hi liki,

To quote you what a Swiss psychiatrist, Carl Jung once said - character is your destiny! We think and do what we we want/are thinking and doing. And hence that is what eventually becomes of us.

To quote you what a Singapore psychologist once written in her notes - if you do what you have always been doing, then the results would be the same as what you have always done!

In layman terms, don't keep doing what you are not happy doing it. Then the outcome will not be the same to make you unhappy again.

For language, English was my 3rd language (my 1st is hokkien, 2nd is chinese ;) )but I still can con angmoh to buy things from me and use me in their business deals.

Language is a type of communication media, you dun really have to be superbly good at a language if you can make people understand you. I can speak proper mandarin but when I go certain parts of China, they dun understand a lot of terms and words that I used. But I wouldn't say I'm bad in mandarin though. Its just how you make use of it to make people understand you.

I have worked with many foreigners before and most of them cannot even finish a proper sentence but we still been working together for many years.

In terms of work, I told a lot of my staffs and friends before that all humans are unique. Your character and background are suitable to do certain things and excel when putting them at the correct role. The problem is usually where is that position or person that will identify you among the seas of people. This is what we call mismatched.

Say in our society, everyone wants to be a lawyer, doctor, CEO, president etc. But exactly how many of us are suitable? How many of us have the correct thinking, experience, training and opportunity? For the 1st 3, you can acquired them if you want. i.e if you think and plan correctly, you can apply for jobs that enhance your experience and attend courses to upgrade yourself. The latter is the worst - opportunity, which is beyond us.

Opportunity is when chance meet preparation. This is always the hardest part. So get yourself prepared first, your chance will come only when you get prepared!

So go out to capture more light when you are free, Singapore is always sunny :cool:

well said, am understand.

too bad, i am not in Singapore now.
i am based in Angola, Africa now but it is still very sunny here.

Then I just walk two steps instead of one and also try to walk faster. :bsmilie:

u can also try walking sideways.
that way u are always one step ahead of yourself.. :bsmilie:

hey bro ts.

dont WORK hard.
WORK smart.

the world has change, lets say per month u get 4k. no matter how hard u work, ITS STILL 4K? you are being paid for what you work, and you are working for what you are being paid.

the world has change, lets say per month u get 4k. no matter how hard u work, ITS STILL 4K? you are being paid for what you work, and you are working for what you are being paid.

your attitude is wrong.

You dont work hard, next performance appraisal, you still get 4k or even get sacked.

If you work hard, next performance appraisal, get pay increment and promotion.

your attitude is wrong.

You dont work hard, next performance appraisal, you still get 4k or even get sacked.

If you work hard, next performance appraisal, get pay increment and promotion.

you got close, but not right either.

you work hard and get / exceeded all required results, you PA will be good.

you work hard and get no results, you are seen as an idiot and you will be idenfied as one that needs close supervision. depending on your role , you may end up with someone to micromanage you, or sacked.

you don't work hard, before PA your boss would have fired you.

Most most important is to know what your boss want as result. Otherwise you can work hard and you nothing but blames.

I would open an F-stop or lower the shutter to let more light in. In such a way, i wont be 1 step slower than other...