Ideal humidity level for drybox?

Status
Not open for further replies.
used to use dry box for a couple of years.. got free supply of silica gels from my dad's co ;p

but back to topic; i usually set my dry cabi to 50-55%... don't dare to set too low... scare will too dry then damage the rubber stuffs on the lens, camera ;p

i disagree with axxiz that silica gel cost more in the long run. i bought a box of 500g and used for already 2 weeks, i used about 1/4 of the box. when i finish using it, put all in a frying pan for like 10mins, it will be blue and there i go, another full box to use. it virtually cost nothing after u bought one box. dry cabinet is always a better choice as you have more $. myself is a student, a dry box 25$ and 4$ of silica gel is good for me :D

:sweat: bro..

my statement is....

"even in the long run, you wun be spending more on silicon Gel"

:sweatsm:

also... its not about having more money, its the need to have a bigger box to store your stuff... like a cabinet :sweat: dry box will allow much storage, beside your body, and 2 lens ...

:sweat: Many misunderstanding in this world happens when statements are not read or heard properly...

sorry bro, i misread your world " wun". i read it as would and not wont hahahah. as i said, i would also buy a dry cabinet if i have more money, but i dont :D. i try to squeeze everything into my box and am impress. i can store 1 body + grip + 4lens and i think it is able to fit 1 or 2 more/

sorry bro, i misread your world " wun". i read it as would and not wont hahahah. as i said, i would also buy a dry cabinet if i have more money, but i dont :D. i try to squeeze everything into my box and am impress. i can store 1 body + grip + 4lens and i think it is able to fit 1 or 2 more/

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: impressive.... what kind of dry box you got? Are you referring to stacking Lens on stop of each other?

:think:

a dry box like everyone else, bought for 25$ in jurong point. no stacking of lens.

sorry ask stupid question, how to lower the RH for the drybox? i using digicabi, keep reading about 59, should i set to RED or BLACK side?

Your first question is on drybox and your second is for dry cabinet.

Drybox RH cannot be adjusted but can be brought down to less than 10% with plain silica gel.

Dry cabinet, I never own one.

sorry ask stupid question, how to lower the RH for the drybox? i using digicabi, keep reading about 59, should i set to RED or BLACK side?

i think having a dry cabinet is the best option.

Try moving your dial so that the red light shines brighter, let it stabilise for a few hours before checking again and adjusting until you get your desired RH%. I would guess that for a start you should turn it clockwise.

Hi, i just bought my Canon 500D and a drybox over the weekend. Surprisingly, my RH reading only dropped to from 80% to 60% every since.. had never dropped below this.. Just changed the silica gel, no sure if it will further bring down RH.. anyone ever encounter this before?

most photo shops sell jars of silica gel, for between S$ 10 to S$ 12.

wow, that's quite exp~!

i get mine ranged from 3.8 to 4.5 from various shop...

and btw, when they turns pink, i tried microwave them.
however becoz i use a container to microwave them, moisture from below seems to trap underneath, thus some gels will absorb back the moisture & turn purple.

so in the end, i tried cooking it with fire.
stir & cook & the same time. like how ppl fry the "Gao Lak" with coffee seeds.
it turns out very well, as good as new.

P.S do not overcook till it turn black a.k.a Chao Tar~!

Last edited:
I want a dry cabi but I'm broke... so I'm thinking of getting a drybox for now and dry cabi next time if I buy a new lens... Can I buy it from MS Color?

Status
Not open for further replies.