ID confirmation : Oriental Cuckoo ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harlequin

Mar 6, 2003
East of Singapore
www.gorgeousfeathers.com
Found this little bird being harassed by crows on the road. The crows were trying to kill this little fellow for food. It can hardly fly away and the loud noise from the crows attracted my attention.

Managed to rescue it and put it back to a low tree branch.

34437699-686c-0190025C-.jpg

Harlequin said:
The crows were trying to kill this little fellow for food. It can hardly fly away and the loud noise from the crows attracted my attention.

looks like a juvenile one! :) spot on!

erm.. crows don't kill this fellow for food.. if so, then the 20 crows that i saw disturbing the WBSE must be really hungry then... :bsmilie:

s_wrx said:
looks like a juvenile one! :) spot on!

erm.. crows don't kill this fellow for food.. if so, then the 20 crows that i saw disturbing the WBSE must be really hungry then... :bsmilie:
Thanks for the confirmation.
The crows were really pecking hard at this little fellow.

As for raptors, crows seems to hate them...be it WBSE or BSK.

You done a good deed today. GOOD example for all nature lovers!!!!! :bsmilie:

Harlequin said:
Just doing whats human nature....save animals.

Better than human nature IMHO.

Way back when I was in secondary sch, there was an cruel idiot in class that had taken mynar(sic?) bird chicks from their nest from somewhere. He brought them to class to show people(in the hopes of impressing them) and then proceeded to throw them off the second story building(on which the class was located) after he lost interest in them (an hour or so later). No hint of remorse from him whatsoever. People should be flogged and hanged for bringing up kids like him.

So much for human nature. Bah Humbug!

If we were all allowed to follow our human nature, the world would be worse off than it is now.

Well done my friend! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.