Iconic Punggol

Status
Not open for further replies.

feekinc

Oct 16, 2007
Hi guys, this is my first to Punggol.. here's my share of the iconic rocks of punggol beach..

Iconic_Punggol_by_feekinc.jpg

Untitled_by_feekinc.jpg

as always, coments, critics...always welcome.

Last edited:
Where is this place?
The only accessible place seem to be straight ahead of where the costal police post is.

to the left of the coastal police post, giorgio

there are a few pile of rocks where you can make your way down to the beach from the elevated walkway to the left. there is one particularly easy pile. use your discretion.

thanks night86mare..

giorgio, its a pretty place.. i wanna go there again. pm me if u wana go..we can go together. :thumbsup:

yep, punggol beach remains one of my favourite locations, the rocks are so pretty.

anyways, the exposure here in this set is pretty good, looks like it was a rather dull sunset relatively.

find a more aesthetically pleasing foreground with a stronger anchor. just filling the frame with rocks and hoping that it sticks is not a good way to go. :)

i personally like the first photo. Some suggestions i have,

1) was it your intention to emphasize on the rocks as the evening sky colours was nice but your dof beyond the rocks was not strong

2) if your emphasis was not on the rocks alone, cropping part of the bottom would be good while showing more of the sky, horizon is a bit slanted

3)Overall a good take but on my part the dof leaves much to be desired

yep, punggol beach remains one of my favourite locations, the rocks are so pretty.

anyways, the exposure here in this set is pretty good, looks like it was a rather dull sunset relatively.

find a more aesthetically pleasing foreground with a stronger anchor. just filling the frame with rocks and hoping that it sticks is not a good way to go. :)

thanks night86mare. i certainly wana go there and explore further. what happened that day, was so 'kanchiong' that i left my spare batt at home. batery went flat on location and i left that place with only few pics. :cry:

i personally like the first photo. Some suggestions i have,

1) was it your intention to emphasize on the rocks as the evening sky colours was nice but your dof beyond the rocks was not strong

2) if your emphasis was not on the rocks alone, cropping part of the bottom would be good while showing more of the sky, horizon is a bit slanted

3)Overall a good take but on my part the dof leaves much to be desired

on the first pic, yes it is my intention to focus on the iconic rocks. However you are certainly right, i should hv close up the aperture a lill (hmm..actually A LOT ;)) to improve the dof. Thanks for pointing it out bro, i'll take note on that. :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.