I want to learn Basic Photography with DSLR Camera - Any Instructors here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes indeed, the 47 year old Ah Beng at the centre bro hahahaha !

Yeah my core objective of learning how to take great pics is to - shoot - The Comming Singapore Drum Festival 2008 and Drum-Challenge (a very interseting Great Event comming this year again on a Large scale). - So I shoot Drummers ...ANd...Musician of course at Concert, Drum Clinics etc etc.

Oh.hhhhhhhh so Photography takes 2 to 3 years to be good in it. I was thinking months (How Ignorant of me)...like drumming too take years & years of hardwork & experience in it to be good at the Art. Thanks Simon this is valuable info to me...OMG I'm not going to be shooting great pictures in a few months (so sad) - but patience I must try.

What does the term "PS" and "Pro-Consumer (compact)" means here? 6 years already in photographer and you call yourself "OK-Photographer izzit" -

Hey you guys scaring me lar.

1st of all i'm still far from being an okay photography especially when i havent done any photoshop stuff yet.
photoshop editing is a "must learn" in the digital age of cam so some basic knowledge of it would do just fine.
so i would be sticking to my entry lvl cam for a very long time since i like to travel light only and semi-pro and above bodies is way heavier than entry lvl cams.

actually i have seen members in this forum who upgrade their cam bodies within the space of 1 year so it all depends who fast you can learn before upgrading to the next level.
there are 3 types of dslr cam bodies mainly the entry levels, semi-pro and the pro bodies (built like a tank and heavy on the weight).
PS is the short form for photoshop
proconsumer is a cam that has more controls over a small P&S (point and shoot) cam and will normally be a cam of bigger body size but still lighter than a dslr.

you can get youself an entry level cam, then use it on auto mode 1st then if you know the basics of photoshop, you can do some simple editing.
as for the picture composition part, that you need to learn slowly until you discovered a style of your own, so may need to spend a few years shooting.

you can go and look for some samples of indoor concerts shots at http://www.pixel-peeper.com/cameras/canon/
look out for those 350d/400d sample shots.

there are 3 types of dslr cam bodies mainly the entry levels, semi-pro and the pro bodies (built like a tank and heavy on the weight).

you can go and look for some samples of indoor concerts shots at http://www.pixel-peeper.com/cameras/canon/
look out for those 350d/400d sample shots.

Thanks again Simon....yeah the Big & Heavy tank like body is my Dream Camera and I know the Body itself can cost a Bomb here......look more Professional more stylo-milo abit. I will get one of these oneday I'm sure if I could at least take some decent pics in the future after I learn.

For now, I bought a 2nd-hand Entry-Level Canon 350D from a friend's husband (cheap & in perfect condition - no scratch) paid S$480.00 comes with 2 Battery....I then bought a 2nd-hand Battery-Grip - to make my camera look abit bigger (not good, dunno how to shoot properly nebermind for now) - cannot take too small a Camera very very Paiseh...

The last-time, I took pictures at Singapore Drum Festival 2007 - 1st time ever in Asia for such an Big-Event. I was holding a small little tiny Nikon Point & Shoot Camera (only 3 Mega Pixel) - though I have the Priviledge to take pics there can stand right in front of the stage but the pics all come out so tiny (cause I cant zooooom in too much) ...while standing beside me are a 3 Camerman - all holding Big-Big Camera - I look at their camera and then I look at mine (really feel so embarassed) and I hate the facts they are standing so close to me - really makes me feel so small there - my Camera is like a blady-Toy lah......

Then I tell myself - I must have a Big-Big Camera oneday ... cannot su-seh.....can't take nice.ee pics nebermind - at least if they look at my camera, I can lift my head-up "telling myself"...My Camera also big lah (cause the guy wont know if I am good - he probably think I am lah) ...Hehehehe !...so funny but it's true - this is how I think.....

PS: - Yes I saw those Bigger-Body Cameras - they are very nice, quite heavy also...and they cost I think S$4K for a good 2nd-hand ones (those with fast speed they say)..

Yes.ssssssssssssssss I love Big-Cameras ! .....

and thanks for the lead to those Sample-Shots link - I click Canon 350D (wah.hhhh nice pics lah) ... but again - It's the Lens they are using right (so many different kinds of different lens) - nice....seems like it's going to burn a Big-Hole in my Pocket for this year - - - but I wouldn't mind spending these $$$$$$, if I could take shots like that......

I've 5 Minolta SLR Camera (all Manual) - those SRT100,101,201,202,303B in very good condition in my Box and alot Of Rokkor Lens too (1.2, 1.4,Standard Lens, Macro Lens & Adaptor, Wide Angle Lens, Tele-Photo - only missing Fisheyes & the Varisoft cause expensive - all Rokor Lens - I do not know how to use it, never use before) - I buy because - I like the feeling - Heavy & cheap...hahaha ! so funny right?....when I feel like it - I take them out from my box - turn the lever - shoot shoot ... clean clean it - then keep inside my box back) ...... then say wah so heavy ... shiok lah...I'm so funny here right?.

hahahaha...
u very interesting and frank...
yes u r funny =)

Hello Eric, Thanks for calling me back to speak to me. I just wanted to say you dont really need to buy BIG bulky expensive camera equiptment to take good pics.
As I said, all it takes is good attitude and some know how and alot of practice and experimentation and hardwork for your pics to be fantastic.
There s a wealth of information and ideas on the net and from people to keep photography a fun hobby for years to come.

Cheers!
Call me when you free
Thanks alot eric.

Status
Not open for further replies.