I want to know what do you see

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to say that I love the contrasty nature of this picture. It is beautiful and it really brings out the warm glow of the street lamp. It radiates a real warmth around the the base of the lamp, and the reflections off the wall and compressors provide a "comforting" feeling in relation to the rest of the alley. Perhaps if this photo had been taken a little bit earlier (~30min) it would have exacerbated this effect a little by darkening the sky and draining some of the colour from the alley; but since this probably wasn't your intended subject, that wasn't an issue at the time.

I really like this photo. Great catch! :)

2550265716_64c76a9b39.jpg

To me, seems like some drunkard is having a sleep at the base of the street lamp. Look at the 4th white spot from the bottom-most spot. Does it not look like someone have "fallen asleep"? With a piece of tissue covering what seems like a head/ mouth... :bigeyes:

I have to say that I love the contrasty nature of this picture. It is beautiful and it really brings out the warm glow of the street lamp. It radiates a real warmth around the the base of the lamp, and the reflections off the wall and compressors provide a "comforting" feeling in relation to the rest of the alley. Perhaps if this photo had been taken a little bit earlier (~30min) it would have exacerbated this effect a little by darkening the sky and draining some of the colour from the alley; but since this probably wasn't your intended subject, that wasn't an issue at the time.

I really like this photo. Great catch! :)

wow, thanks. these are the same reasons I am still keeping this picture. thanks for the tip on how to improve it.

2550265716_64c76a9b39.jpg

To me, seems like some drunkard is having a sleep at the base of the street lamp. Look at the 4th white spot from the bottom-most spot. Does it not look like someone have "fallen asleep"? With a piece of tissue covering what seems like a head/ mouth... :bigeyes:

er... try as I might, I cannot see the drunk... if only you can draw on it.:dunno:

i see wasting of electricity...
the sky still bright but the street lamp already on...

you should go that in mid day, the light is still switched on! really a waste. this was shot at 0730++ hrs.

Arrow leading to nothingness

Thank you all for your feedback. Here comes the spoiler: the rows and racks of aircon condensers caught my eye (esp those on the left row). The shear number of condensers and the slight curve of the building made for an interesting shot, I thought. But when I looked TTL on a wide angle, I got greedy and included the arrow and the street light. I knew then the main interest has changed/ disappeared.

I wasn't sure there is any subject left in this picture, but I still liked it somewhat hence I asked for feedback. Thank you all again.

I'm wondering what if you stuck closer to the left wall, instead of what looks to be you sticking closer to the right wall when taking this shot.

Because you are sticking closer to the right wall, the left wall plays out more to the camera than the right. Don't know if you get what I mean.

I'm wondering what if you stuck closer to the left wall, instead of what looks to be you sticking closer to the right wall when taking this shot.

Because you are sticking closer to the right wall, the left wall plays out more to the camera than the right. Don't know if you get what I mean.

yes, think I understand what you mean. however, if you notice, the arrow is on the right of the picture. assuming the arrow is in the middle of the road, then I would have been leaning more towards the left.:think:

I am thinking of doing this shoot again, but taking it from the second lamp post (somewhere in the middle of the picture, after the red wall). From there, the condensers are much closely packed. thanks for your advise.

There's a very good contrasty pic as someone mentioned earlier. I think it's a beautiful shot. On the left, the wall is rich in color while the opposite is just bland. The right side is messy and clustered while the left is plain simple. The emphasis on the left side portayed a sense of serenity and dominates against the chaotic right. Maybe it's your inner self that value peace and hence this composition ? Of course, there may be others who may have preferred to take the pic, just the opposite. Even the sky has duo characters, peaceful versus the harsh. The green door/canvas ? against the rich red wall... nice ! :)

hi, thanks for the feedback, but... what is NTG?

hahah...
NTG = "Nothing Good"??
= "Not Too Good"

I dunnoe lah....just sprouting nonsense..... =)

Sky down to the arrow tip, then the arrow into the alley, then the lamp

urban meaninglessness

Status
Not open for further replies.