I want my bicycle back!

Status
Not open for further replies.
alexlkk said:
:bheart: It likely ends up in sungei rd, maybe paint over and selling for 20$. to the bangala

yea found my bike back there...called the police and all. they replaced a few parts thou :devil:

kenele said:
My Aluminium 'Gary Fisher' mountain bike costing more than $2K bicycle was stolen yesterday, just below my block which I had I temporarily parked (I normally keep it at home). I called 999 but was told that they cannot do anything but to report to the nearby police post. Undenyingly, I was told that the chances of recovery is slim. I believe it is as good as gone now. I appreciate any advice just to get my bicycle back ???

wow such a expensive bike cost $2k how can it left unattened even for just 10mins also not safe.

Those 17'' sports rims for car also can be stolen and the car left with the brick supporting the car. :bsmilie:

Paste notice with picture of the bike and some reward given if someone spot it.

JL1500k said:
wow such a expensive bike cost $2k how can it left unattened even for just 10mins also not safe.

Those 17'' sports rims for car also can be stolen and the car left with the brick supporting the car. :bsmilie:

wah..dun say 2k bike...my bike although only cost $200 but i also dun left it chained downstairs even for 5mins...its always with me wherever im outside..

Check out the Market(B&S) section in this local bicycle forum, and seek help there. I believe the members there are helpful.
http://www.togoparts.com/

I never leave my bicycle out of my sight. Even if u park it just beside my table where i'm having my meal at a coffeeshop, i usually change it to high gear, this will aid to slow down anyone who try to grab it & paddle it away.

For a $2k bicycle, all parts probably worth something, how are u going to lock them all up?
Either u'll find the wheels or seat missing, with the frame & lock left untouched.

Anyway, good luck.

evq said:
Check out the Market(B&S) section in this local bicycle forum, and seek help there. I believe the members there are helpful.
http://www.togoparts.com/

I never leave my bicycle out of my sight. Even if u park it just beside my table where i'm having my meal at a coffeeshop, i usually change it to high gear, this will aid to slow down anyone who try to grab it & paddle it away.

For a $2k bicycle, all parts probably worth something, how are u going to lock them all up?
Either u'll find the wheels or seat missing, with the frame & lock left untouched.

Anyway, good luck.

Usually don't find anything missing. Once lost a backlight and now all of a sudden my bike is gone. Am begining to think there a serial bike thief in our midst that has gone undiscovered?

kenele said:
Usually don't find anything missing. Once lost a backlight and now all of a sudden my bike is gone. Am begining to think there a serial bike thief in our midst that has gone undiscovered?

I was once a active cyclist, know how it feels to lost a $2k bike.
During my sch time, my BMX was stolen. Since then, i never leave my bike.

Btw, have u seek help in that bicycle forum?

evq said:
I was once a active cyclist, know how it feels to lost a $2k bike.
During my sch time, my BMX was stolen. Since then, i never leave my bike.

Btw, have u seek help in that bicycle forum?

Cannot register as a member, cos they don't accept members with free web base emails.:dunno:

kenele said:
Cannot register as a member, cos they don't accept members with free web base emails.:dunno:
dun u have a singnet/pacnet etc a/c?

is there a way to just remove a wheel ? , i saw in advert where those cyclist remove a wheel after locking their bike.

Chiang said:
is there a way to just remove a wheel ? , i saw in advert where those cyclist remove a wheel after locking their bike.

yep.. very easy to remove the wheels... nowadays mtbs come with quick release lever.. you don't even need any tools. :D

fz30_user said:
yep.. very easy to remove the wheels... nowadays mtbs come with quick release lever.. you don't even need any tools. :D
Yeah, most c/w quick-release, even for the seat-post.
Give me 1/2 hr, i can dismantle the main parts of a bicycle with simple tools. leave the locked frame, if i do not wan to carry a big cutter around.
Thus dun think it is safe just by locking ur bicycle frame or wheels. handle, cranks, paddles etc can be taken out quite easliy.

Yours is an easy steal, my trek carbon 9500 with full XTR was stolen from my home @ 6.00am in the morning( terrace) , and it is chain up. Someone climb in with chain cutter, and lift it over the gate and rode away...and neighbour saw it and the maid called my maid, ran out but the thieve rode off with it. i drove around estate and he disappeared in the air, call police too, but no help.

Go to www.togoparts.com to check out B&S, you may get lucky...

wucy24 said:
Yours is an easy steal, my trek carbon 9500 with full XTR was stolen from my home @ 6.00am in the morning( terrace) , and it is chain up. Someone climb in with chain cutter, and lift it over the gate and rode away...and neighbour saw it and the maid called my maid, ran out but the thieve rode off with it. i drove around estate and he disappeared in the air, call police too, but no help.
Wow, this is one ex bike. Sorry to hear that.
Probably aiming & monitoring ur bike for wks before he stole it.

My Nephew's bike was recovered after 3 years. He chance upon it while walking around and he spoted his bike with a didderent colout but everything intact. He reconize his seat and handle which got some damage.

3 years.. However he made a police report when he lost it.

When he spoted his bike, he called my brother -in-law to approch the guy. When the guy came down to the bike, they approch him and asked him where he got the bike. The poor guy said he bought it from a friend 2 years ago for S$200. My nephew explained to him that the bike belongs to him and said there is a police report to proof. After considering for some time, the guy returned the bike as he does not want the hassel of going to the police and possibily getting into some problem.

kenele said:

can use company email.

fz30_user said:

Wow like that they also make it easy for the thief to steal it too. :bsmilie:

Two types of goods will attract.... 1. Attractive not expensive. 2. expensive.
Yours have both the factors to attract... so that it and good luck just hope that you can find teh bic and one whole piece..

There are a few construction sites around my vicinity here at Yio Chu Kang estate. I am sure to recover some stolen bikes there. Why? You may ask. Do you think foreign construction workers (either Bangladeshis or mainland Chinese) can afford Voodoo or Specialized bikes. I ever saw them riding on such high-end bikes. What a mismatch.

photobum said:
There are a few construction sites around my vicinity here at Yio Chu Kang estate. I am sure to recover some stolen bikes there. Why? You may ask. Do you think foreign construction workers (either Bangladeshis or mainland Chinese) can afford Voodoo or Specialized bikes. I ever saw them riding on such high-end bikes. What a msimatch.

I think you have a deviated inferior logic, most likely influenced by western imperialism.

photobum said:
There are a few construction sites around my vicinity here at Yio Chu Kang estate. I am sure to recover some stolen bikes there. Why? You may ask. Do you think foreign construction workers (either Bangladeshis or mainland Chinese) can afford Voodoo or Specialized bikes. I ever saw them riding on such high-end bikes. What a msimatch.

either they bought from someone or stole it themselves. But do you dare to confront them? or call police to go with you??

Status
Not open for further replies.