I think I have hot pixels on my K10D

Status
Not open for further replies.

alanpotpot

Sep 16, 2007
I have been shooting portraits during parties and dinner. Recently I noticed something with some of the photos:

2171733516_419dd55d71.jpg

Is this a hot pixel? Can this be fixed? I did some test. If its high ISO(>800) it sometimes appear.

have something like that too.. two spots in fact.. only appears with long exposures and yes, high iso

but it usually disappears if i shoot in raw and output jpg

My K10D have it too. It's hot pixel.
This can fix by sensor mapping (not means it will be OK, just map off only).
night86mare & yours will disappears, thats lucky, mine always ON, even @ low ISO.:cry:

It looks like hot pixels which sometimes will appear with high iso and long exposures. If you send to the service center they will fix it by mapping the hot pixel out.

Can you send a bigger pic. I think i saw another problem with your CCD.

Our K10D got 10mp- 10 million pixels. If you got 1 or 2 hot pixels, you won't notice them easily even you view the pic at 100% size.

Don't worry, just keep shooting, and looking at the overall photo, not the tiny tiny pixel dots :D

Cheers and happy shooting!

My K10D sometimes shows hot pixels at high iso as well. At other times, the hot pixels don't show up when I pixel peep for them.
I remember coming across a Canon Forum where a member had hot pixels.
His solution was to remove the camera battery for 2 days. After the battery was reinserted, voila the hot pixels disappeared.

Other than the hot pixel, nobody noticed some funny wire pattern on his cropped photo. I was thinking is that the same problem longko had previously.

Other than the hot pixel, nobody noticed some funny wire pattern on his cropped photo. I was thinking is that the same problem longko had previously.

yes. notice that from the first photo posted. the noise seems to have some sort of "pattern" instead of random noise due to high ISO. thread starter might want to do more testing to see if its really a problem.:think:

I looked at the K10D photo and its ok. The cropped photo is exposed +1 stop. Before converting I made it +0 then converted and its gone.

A little bit OT. Was Longko able to fix his problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.