I Need Help With Photo Editing!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cpez90

Apr 22, 2005
I am in need of expert advice? Have you seen the Gatoraide commercials where people sweat and it is the color of the Gatoraide that they are drinking? My husband is a football coach and I have taken individual pictures of each of his 10 seniors. I would like to add sweat to the pictures and color the sweat blue and then print "Royal Pride.....Is it in You?" I need to get these done ASAP for graduation open houses. Any ideas on photo editing software and the steps I would take to do this?

Ups for your post.
I'd love to know how to do this and get working results too!

where's Clown? :p he can help i suppose. :)

PM me if you want Clown's numbers, I have no idea how much he charges though :)

wow.. i'll love to see the before and after of the processing. do let me know where i can see them ok?

For the sweat part...
to do it quickly... you can try Alien Skin Eye Candy 3000 plug-ins for Adobe Photoshop. They have a water droplets filter which you can create sweat like effects on the body of your model.

--------------

If you want to do it in Photoshop without plug ins.. you can try this way. (Its just a very rough idea of how I would create sweat effects.. you would really need to play around with this depending on how big your model in the picture is. Sometimes.. you might need to create a few different layers of sweats, you can Scale down and etc...)

I cant really tell you the exact values, and procedures since I cannot see your original image... but I really hope you can get some rough idea from this... :sweatsm:

Create a Displacement Map first
Firstly... Select All (CTRL+A) and Copy (CTRL+C)
Get a new file (CTRL+N) and paste your pict on it (CTRL+V)
And Desaturate the new pic (Image - Adjustment - Desaturate)
And save it as a Displacementmap.PSD on your hard disk, and close the file.

Create Sweat Droplets
Now go back to your original file.
New Layer (SHIFT+CTRL+N)
Reset the swatches (D)
Filter - Render - Clouds
Filter - Render - Difference Clouds (repeat this step for 2~3 times)
Image - Adjustment - Auto Levels
Filter - Sketch - Plaster (I used Image Balance around 39 and Smoothness about 11, but its up to you to decide, play around with the values)
Use the magic wand tool, select the BLACK areas and give a feather radius about 2, and delete.
You should get the water droplets already, now change the blendin mode of that droplets layer to "SoftLight".

Warp the sweat on your Model
Now we're gonna give this layer a bit distortion according to the face of your model.
So go to Filter - Distort - Displace...
H/V scale of 10, Stretch to Fit, and Repeat Edge Pixels, and click on OK to accept it.
And now locate your Displacementmap.PSD file that you have saved previously. And click OK.
Click CTRL+F to reapply this Displace filter again till you are satisfied with the distortion along the shape of your model.
Go to Image - Adjustment - Hue/Saturation and click on "Colorize" checkbox, and drag the HUE slider to get the Blue tone since you want the blue sweats...

Clean Up
Choose the Eraser tool, with the Opacity of 50%.
Clean up some sweats from the parts you want to remove (eg, hair, etc.)

hope it works...
You might need to create a few different sweat layers and play with them, over lap them... scale/transform them till you get the results you hope for. Remember to apply the Displace.. filter only after you scale your sweat layer.
Good luck with your PhotoEditing!
Cheers!

wow... :thumbsup: though i still quite confused by what u meant... hehe,
but that just means that my ps skills sux big time... :bsmilie:

damn good tutorial waiaung! hehx.. i think u lagi more pro than me x 10 sia.. lol. i cant write a tutorial for nuts.

dunno about creating sweat using filters tho, i'll much prefer to use a waterspraycan on the model's face. but it also meant that i dun really explore the filter options much.. sheesh. :embrass:

my method will just be using a hue/saturation adjustment layer and masking the changes onto the sweat droplets.

cpez90 i'm pretty slack this week so if u need help i'll be glad to assist. can call me at 96983548

-James

aha!

the great clown has spoken! do approach him, he's very friendly! :)

Clown,

I have never done anything like this before! Do you have a personal e-mail where I can send you a message? Also, was that your phone number? Do you have an area code? I am assuming that is an international call.

Thank you in advance!

Chriss

we're here in singapore...

so it should be +65 9698 3548

clown's name is JAMES :)

Status
Not open for further replies.