I need help, want to do plane spotting...

At this time of the year, winds are generally coming from the south. Hence, aircraft taking off from Changi would be taking off in towards Batam.
At this time of the year aircraft tend to come in from East Coast side.
It is currently the inter-monsoon period whereby the prevailing variable wind directions changes gradually and stabilise from southwesterly to northeasterly so either runway heading can be use for takeoffs and landings. :)

It is currently the inter-monsoon period whereby the prevailing variable wind directions changes gradually and stabilise from southwesterly to northeasterly so either runway heading can be use for takeoffs and landings. :)

Yes I am aware of that. I was going to point that out when you mentioned about predicting winds 48 hrs in advance.

Aww... sounds like bad news. Here's hoping it don't rain, otherwise the $70 I am gonna spend on the lenses will be wasted :bheart:

This is the life of a plane spotter. In plane spotting ANYTHING can ruin one's chance for a good photo - rain, clouds, wrong runway, wrong direction, sun disappear just when the plane comes and one's own photog skill. If you get nice weather on that day, good for you, but don't take it too hard if the weather fails.

You don't exactly need a "bazooka" for plane spotting just the right location, these photos are uncropped and shot with a focal length of around 60mm to 70mm with the approaching aircraft about 400 meters away. Get any closer and you'll need an UWA lens instead. ;)

4444466165_d98b704e1a_b.jpg

hi there,
where is the location when you took this photo? :)
Thanks before :D

so close...

9V-Orion Images

your photo look nice......