I just bought a Olympus 2100UZ

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

eFly

hi all,

I am FookLai in hardwarezone. I just bought a Olympus 2100UZ recently. Actually I was thinking Fuji finepix 2800, but it lacks a lot manual control. BTW, I am totally newbie in Digitel camera. Hence, until now only know how to use P/S- Prog mode( auto mode). I know here got some Olympus 2100UZ user, care to teach me how to take good photo with Olympus 2100UZ? I cannot make it especially night scene and sport scene, sport scene the photo blur and night scene too white and a bit blur also. Jayan, Galaa and all Olympus 2100UZ user... any comment for me???

Fook Lai

To take night scenes the best is to use a tripod I guess...for ppl without tripod(me) I place it on something(table etc), or let my camera rest onto something while holding it, to stop shaking.
From my experience, if the shutter speed is 1/30 or less, Ur photos will come out blur liao. This happens in night/low light shots, cos when not enough light, shutter speed will be slower. If taking photos in bright sunlight, U can see ur shutter speed at fast speeds around 1/400 or more. Those times U can move around without getting blur pics. Fast shutter speed is good to take sports photos without the blur(unless U wanna purposely blur it)
Indoor shots u might wanna on flash. Its alot better, even though the area seems bright. I kana a few blur pics just bcos I thought the room is bright enough...and didnt check my photos, so in the end when i download to PC then find out the pics all blur blur one...

Anyway enjoy the Uzi(C2100uz's nickname) its a great cam :) Im still learning how to use also :p

Hi eFly, me too still trying to learn the C2100UZ. So far only tried some test shots on the UZ and nite scene. need to test some more before using it for my coming trip next month.

Originally posted by eFly
hi all,
I am FookLai in hardwarezone. I just bought a Olympus 2100UZ recently. Actually I was thinking Fuji finepix 2800, but it lacks a lot manual control. BTW, I am totally newbie in Digitel camera. Hence, until now only know how to use P/S- Prog mode( auto mode). I know here got some Olympus 2100UZ user, care to teach me how to take good photo with Olympus 2100UZ? I cannot make it especially night scene and sport scene, sport scene the photo blur and night scene too white and a bit blur also. Jayan, Galaa and all Olympus 2100UZ user... any comment for me???
Fook Lai
Hi FookLai,

Welcome to the Oly Family (I don't have a C2100, hehe).

We teach you DC and you teach us how to buy DVD Player lah! Barter Trade. :bsmilie:

hi all,

Fook Lai

Hmm....what do u mean by "too white"??? Over-exposure???

Get urself a good tripod....motion is a major culprit of blurry pix...at that kinda exposure time for nite shots...even the best IS system can't help u.

In M mode, when u are try to focus at the horizon or bldgs in a distance, often the DC can't get the right focus, so the pix often turn out blurry.

What u can do is to use manual focus and set to infinity.

Don't use S-Prog mode for night scenes.....the ISO is often increase to 200 or 400 automatically...at that setting even ther exposure time is less than 1 sec...the pix will still be full of 'digital noise'.

Set to IS0 to 100, max aperture (F2.8/3.5) and take a few shots at diff shutter speed (1sec~ 2sec) for best results.

After taking a couple dozens shots....let the DC rest for abt 10 ~ 15 mins to cool off the CCD to minimize hot pixels.

Just some of my experience in using the UZI!!! :D

Can someone advise him on the Sport Mode...I'm not a fan of fast-motion pix.

Originally posted by Kevin
Hi FookLai,

Welcome to the Oly Family (I don't have a C2100, hehe).

We teach you DC and you teach us how to buy DVD Player lah! Barter Trade. :bsmilie:

well, I am not expert in HT but know a bit, can give some advice if you need it...;)

Originally posted by Jayan

Hmm....what do u mean by "too white"??? Over-exposure???

Get urself a good tripod....motion is a major culprit of blurry pix...at that kinda exposure time for nite shots...even the best IS system can't help u.

In M mode, when u are try to focus at the horizon or bldgs in a distance, often the DC can't get the right focus, so the pix often turn out blurry.

What u can do is to use manual focus and set to infinity.

Don't use S-Prog mode for night scenes.....the ISO is often increase to 200 or 400 automatically...at that setting even ther exposure time is less than 1 sec...the pix will still be full of 'digital noise'.

Set to IS0 to 100, max aperture (F2.8/3.5) and take a few shots at diff shutter speed (1sec~ 2sec) for best results.

After taking a couple dozens shots....let the DC rest for abt 10 ~ 15 mins to cool off the CCD to minimize hot pixels.

Just some of my experience in using the UZI!!! :D

Can someone advise him on the Sport Mode...I'm not a fan of fast-motion pix.

yup, I think is over explosure.... a good tripod will cost how much??? how to focus and take picture when there is no light, LCD totally cannot see anything?

yup, I think is over explosure.... a good tripod will cost how much??? how to focus and take picture when there is no light, LCD totally cannot see anything?

A tripod can be as cheap as tens of $ or up to hundreds or more.

It's your call on what u need though...I suggest u go to a camera that has tripod display and 'play' with them to get a feel of what u would prefer.

There is still light lah! If not how u find ur way? :D

It's just that the light is not enuff for the LCD or EVF to display properly.

As long as the setting r right...the pix will still turn out ok though.

Anyway, in such cases, the c-2100uz has an AF assist light to help in determining the distance to the subject (abt 2m to 4m max range) for focusing purpose.

If the subject is too far away....use manual focus.

Status
Not open for further replies.