I have this "antique" nikon camera for sale/trade-in...need advise here

Status
Not open for further replies.

williamchew85

Jan 2, 2009
i wonder which shop in singapore does trade-in?

800px-Nikon_EM.jpg

Its a Nikon EM. It should be from 1979. i wonder how much can it fetch me? anybody can advise?

more info: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nikon_EM

PS: hope this is not a wrong thread.

I think it should be around $100+ with lens. I got mine for $100.

lol so worthless 1 huh :bsmilie:
i tot still can help my father fetch a good price LOL

Eh. Worthless means $0. :bsmilie: $100+ is worth something already. :bsmilie:

hmm then shld i keep further on until its really antique enuff? hehe

edit: do you mean u oso used to own it?

I think it should be around $100+ with lens. I got mine for $100.

You got yours at $100, does not means he can sell it at $100. The shop will just tell you that this model nobody wants already, around 40~70 the most, depends on condition!
It is better to keep it, if you dun needs that few tens, or try to sell here at B&S....

this is a fully automatic film SLR, there is no manual override, not a favorite choice for film user.

tho from the photo it looks very mint, but it will not wroth much, suggest you keep it for sentimental value. Since most people will go for FA FE FM or F body.

if you selling it in CS, maybe can fetch around the price that ndroo mention, but if you go to the 2nd hand camera shops, the shop will offer you much much lesser.

williamchew85, looks like a well kept and rarely used cam you have.

fyi, this cam which your father kept was an 'entry' model during the slr years. back then nikon launched the em camera together with the 'e' series lens, for the economical mass. if you father had bought the f2, f2as or nikormat model, it would have command a much higher.

like catchlights mentioned, it would be better to keep it for sentimental value. no matter how much longer you keep, it will not worth as much as other better models.

i'm still keeping my fe for sentimental value and bring it out for some sunshine occasionally when my friends itch for bnw shoot.

Status
Not open for further replies.