I found a TIME clone camera at Tampines!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TrailsofLife

Jul 6, 2004
Singapore
Just for fun lah!

I was "jalan-jalan"-ing at Tampines interchange when I walk pass a shop that sell all sort of tools, gadget and crap. Those that always play their "loud-haler" CD announcing their offers.

I saw a box of compact cameras going at $10 each, so I decided to dig in and found a "NIPPON" camera with lens "Made in Japan" :bsmilie: The lens front stated "1:3.5 f=50mm" but when I check the "weather-marking" its actually f6! Thats how I recognise its a TIME camera's clone. Renamed as "NIPPON" :bsmilie:

Will test 1 roll and show you guys.;)

For now, here's the camera:
R0013198.jpg

FYI: TIME camera is a cheapo crap giveaway by TIME Magazine long time ago. Its been called the 35mm version of Holga. Its still available in various form (clones). Normally, it comes with a "50mm" lens and aperture ring with various weather icons to indicate which to use in what kind of weather. It also have a HotShoe and a Tripod mount.

So next time you walk pass shops selling crap, just check out the camera section to see if they have a TIME clone lying around.;)

This is a give away???

I wonder how much they spent on the give-aways. :confused:

Anyway, I think i saw one in cash convertors before..

omg awesome. :) cant wait to see the pics ! good luck!

This is a give away???

I wonder how much they spent on the give-aways. :confused:

Anyway, I think i saw one in cash convertors before..

Yah, read it somewhere before, it was a gift if you sign up for TIME magazine subscription. They always give presents when you sign up, Reader Digest also.

the shop still selling it?

the shop still selling it?

No, I only found one there...pai sey...:embrass:

But its a crap camera lah, you didn't miss anything. I bought it for fun.:cool:

If you want I saw 2 on ebay. Original one, not clones...going at US$0.99, no one bid....:bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.