i can't sleep!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Try this... Tell yourself..."..cant do much if cannot sleep. Need energy to work... better sleep and solve the proble later!" Sometimes it works!

I think that would cause me to lose more sleep...

Whenever I can't sleep, drinking brandy or whiskey helps.

err I need to wake up in another few hours to go work.....

gimme your pc, i help u destroy it...

:angry: no way!

The reasons usually are: your mind in full or your stomach is empty.

It could also mean you're unwell ...

Neither. nope too.

Remedy of not being able to sleep:
Do something really fun, like watching tauge grows. take one green bean (uncooked), take a bit of cotton and dip in water, and wrap the green bean with that wet cotton. watch it grow into tauge. If cotton get dry, add a bit of wate, but do not drown the green bean in water. It cannot swim and it will not grow like that.

Nisa

You mean you havent slept since last night?

ok, dont flame me, but was told an age old recipe to sleep. Have a good sex...

Do something really fun, like watching tauge grows. take one green bean (uncooked), take a bit of cotton and dip in water, and wrap the green bean with that wet cotton. watch it grow into tauge. If cotton get dry, add a bit of wate, but do not drown the green bean in water. It cannot swim and it will not grow like that.

then she can dun sleep for 2 weeks liao... then can see become bean sprout...

lol... fatigue is also another good form of having a good sleep... maybe go marathon around your area.

I think she is sleeping already. Wonder which option she took... :bsmilie:

Not my option for sure... maybe eating bean sprout with char kuay teow.

Nisa

wah like that must come with guarantee that it will be good lah, if not then how? cannot sleep some more cos disappointed :bsmilie:

you are addicted to the internet..

I am not!!! I graduated from the IA last week.

huh? quite bo liao right? most likely i will end up decorating it... putting a few in and arrange them in rings, rows anything...

then she can dun sleep for 2 weeks liao... then can see become bean sprout...

Huh? take so long one meh? ;p

Nisa

I slept at 4ish... and woke up at 6am :) so i actually got some sleep... been having about 2 hours of sleep everyday for the past week liao.

Sounds like a good idea... tomorrow i go advertise for a good partner :devil:

lol... fatigue is also another good form of having a good sleep... maybe go marathon around your area.

I cannot run or walk too much leh... torn liagment... still healing...

I think she is sleeping already. Wonder which option she took... :bsmilie:

Not my option for sure... maybe eating bean sprout with char kuay teow.

at work liao lor!!! how to sleep? :what:

lunch hour coming, eat faster. ;p

Got lunch appointment leh...
I just worry tonight will be another watch the ceiling night.

Honestly, go see a doctor for some sleeping pills. It could be anxiety as your brain is too active. You need to sedate it and let it calm down. Avoid all kinds of tea, coffee and soft drinks (100+, mountain dew, pepsi, coke, red bull, etc) as they do contain caffeine.

I know sleeping pill is a bad option, but if you carry on this way, you will deprive your brain of rest and you will be a walking zombie. Besides, you may fall sick easily.

A word of caution though. Inform your mom if you are on sleeping pill so she will watch over you. But if you have some wolfy neighbours, dont bother telling them. :bsmilie:

Please take care. Dont stress yourself. There are 11 days of Christmas to go.

Honestly, go see a doctor for some sleeping pills. It could be anxiety as your brain is too active. You need to sedate it and let it calm down. Avoid all kinds of tea, coffee and soft drinks (100+, mountain dew, pepsi, coke, red bull, etc) as they do contain caffeine.

I know sleeping pill is a bad option, but if you carry on this way, you will deprive your brain of rest and you will be a walking zombie. Besides, you may fall sick easily.

A word of caution though. Inform your mom if you are on sleeping pill so she will watch over you. But if you have some wolfy neighbours, dont bother telling them. :bsmilie:

Please take care. Dont stress yourself. There are 11 days of Christmas to go.

I can't take oral medication. okie... no tea, coffee or soda.

but this happenes at least a week every 2 or 3 months.

Stress come frequently and go away slowly. Just need to learn.

Got lunch appointment leh...
I just worry tonight will be another watch the ceiling night.

oh, pity. just dun fall asleep during that appointment. :bsmilie:

pre-empt the watch ceiling night, go out & find a partner like u said to tire urself out?! :devil:

Go do nite shoot wit ur Composer lor :bsmilie:

I did think about it... but i was too busy trying to get myself to sleep.

sometimes, my advise to people with sleep problem is to grab some sleep before bedtime. If after a dinner, you feel sleepy, go for a nap right away. Listen to your body and dont wait until 11pm and try force yourself to sleep. The more you think you cant sleep, the harder your brain works.

In the office, ask friend to bring packet lunch back for you. Take a nap on the desk with head down.

In Taiwan, it is a norm to sleep during lunch break. There will usually e two persons on duty to pick up calls or answer the door. The rest will be sleeping. And trust me, a short 20min nap does make your day brighter.

Just remember, the brain the the body needs rest and they are independent. While on the bed, your body is resting, but your brain can still be active.

I had had some really good one to one discussions with psychologists before and I really learnt alot from them. They were my instructors when I took their courses.

And, when you get too tired, you may also suffer from a syndrome called "ghost pressing" in Chinese. This is a situation when your mind is active, but your body cant move an inch. I searched for 20years to understand how it happened and was enlightened by my instructor overseas.

I had the worse sleep ever.

I was sneezing non-stop prior to me sleeping. took Clarinase and that eased the nose a bit, and fell asleep at about 3? I woke up at 6am. and then had my brekkie/tea and then fell asleep from 8am till 12.30pm.

urgh I really hate being back in Singapore at times. damn nose and its sinus issues!

:dunno::cry::dunno:

yeah me too. Must have been awake wiv ya last nite cos didn't sleep until 5am. Thank goodness didn't have to get up until 8am. Am a regular insomniac wiv ya. Normally just keep my eyes closed for long periods of time - at least eyes are rested. Sometimes just get up and do things - as seem to waste the time getting stressed about lack of sleep.

My best defense is having a big rest over the weekend and accept that am sleeping 2-4hrs during the week days.

I never have a nap after dinner before 5pm - defo won't sleep again in the night.

Sometimes can have a short nap during the day (sit at desk with eyes closed.....and if no one has called me/bothered me an hour can go by!!!)

As for exercise - if got the time - go swimming (if of course you can't find a suitable partner!;)). Perhaps we should take up tai chi!!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.