I am still fat.

Sounds like the night shift plays havoc on your energy levels as well as eating habits.

You need to find a way to minimize sleep distractions and get more sleep.
The rest should be easier to sort out after that.

:thumbsup: I enjoyed cycling so much that I lost weight without trying to lose weight (10kg+), it just a consequence of cycling. However, now I am always hungry, and always eating. I eat whatever I want, as much as I want. Another downside is that inlaws might think my wife is starving me, but in fact, I do eat a lot.

How often do you cycle and distance/ intensity to achieve that? I tried it for a while but don't see any results. Maybe not intense enough?!

How often do you cycle and distance/ intensity to achieve that? I tried it for a while but don't see any results. Maybe not intense enough?!
I commute to work Monday-Friday (except days I have to drive to site), and enjoy riding on Saturday and sometimes Sunday.
On average, about 300-350km per week, and Sundays try to ride on more inclines. I sweat a lot, and push until I'm puffing and legs burning.
Oh, I also stopped eating icecream every night (just don't feel like it anymore), but eat lots of other snacks instead.

I commute to work Monday-Friday (except days I have to drive to site), and enjoy riding on Saturday and sometimes Sunday.
On average, about 300-350km per week, and Sundays try to ride on more inclines. I sweat a lot, and push until I'm puffing and legs burning.
Oh, I also stopped eating icecream every night (just don't feel like it anymore), but eat lots of other snacks instead.

that's a lot. meaning 1000km per month. that's more than average cyclists. good job.

Respect :)

I did minor workout only, therefore no grow more. Maybe due to over eating last time. :(
Now time to go and take photos, also consider some workout. :D

BTW, what's your present body weight and height? How about yr BMI?

Keep saying overweight, but we don't know your statistics.

anyway, u fully know what u need to do. So start doing something about it.

U said u eat alot of vegetables. Yeah its good. But I remember u like your vegetables to be soft soft overcooked. What's the point of eating overcooked vegetables?

BTW, what's your present body weight and height? How about yr BMI?

Keep saying overweight, but we don't know your statistics.

anyway, u fully know what u need to do. So start doing something about it.

U said u eat alot of vegetables. Yeah its good. But I remember u like your vegetables to be soft soft overcooked. What's the point of eating overcooked vegetables?

My bmi is under obese 1. 185cm about 115kg. Maybe down 500g from climbing stair and walking with my gears at sentosa this 3 days. Eat also lesser due to tired. My veg mostly from mix rice stall. I also like to eat raw onion, cucumber etc.

My bmi is under obese 1. 185cm about 115kg. Maybe down 500g from climbing stair and walking with my gears at sentosa this 3 days. Eat also lesser due to tired. My veg mostly from mix rice stall. I also like to eat raw onion, cucumber etc.

Regardless of your present body weight the important knowledge about proper nutrition is to eat a balanced meal.
By that it mean proper proportion of protein to build muscle, carbohydrates to supply energy to do work and
vitamins and minerals the body needs to produce enzymes and hormones to maintain bodily health/life.

Try to eat a variety of vegetables as each contain various vitamins and minerals.Spinach is good ( contains many
nutrients.So are califlower,brocolli,carrots ( vitamin A for eye).In TCM traditional chinese medicine, a balance
diet also means foods that have the various tastes like sweet,sour,salty and bitter in order for health.Modern
fast foods are salty and sweet but where are the rest? Proper rest and sleep are important too.

If you have the discipline to learn photography then learning to eat properly should not be a problem. :)

Regardless of your present body weight the important knowledge about proper nutrition is to eat a balanced meal.
By that it mean proper proportion of protein to build muscle, carbohydrates to supply energy to do work and
vitamins and minerals the body needs to produce enzymes and hormones to maintain bodily health/life.

Try to eat a variety of vegetables as each contain various vitamins and minerals.Spinach is good ( contains many
nutrients.So are califlower,brocolli,carrots ( vitamin A for eye).In TCM traditional chinese medicine, a balance
diet also means foods that have the various tastes like sweet,sour,salty and bitter in order for health.Modern
fast foods are salty and sweet but where are the rest? Proper rest and sleep are important too.

If you have the discipline to learn photography then learning to eat properly should not be a problem. :)

Main problem is the sleep. Need to sleeps more n at right timing. Over eating due to depression some yrs back. :(

Main problem is the sleep. Need to sleeps more n at right timing. Over eating due to depression some yrs back. :(

Understand..photography is probably your life saver.Try to look at the bright side of life..every cloud has a silver lining.But you say you do shift work.Getting your body clock right is a challenge but you have to adapt.All the best.:thumbsup:

Ok, yes obese category. Don't worry abt it. What goes up can come down.

I'm 1.8cm, 70kg. Considered v slim. Your ideal weight shld be 80kg then.

So u got 30kg to work on.

Outside food not healthy, no matter how u look at it. I suggest u cut down on outside food. Too much salt and bad oil. Cut down on rice. If u must have rice, go for brown rice.

Have a stricter diet. Count what you eat every day.

Shift jobs is not an excuse for being fat. There are many other jobs that have shifts and irregular hours, but the people are doing v well in terms of health. For example, pilots, policemen, cabin crews, army. So the question is why they can still maintain?

I suspect yr knees are not taking it well, due to your weight. So I suggest not to run. Running will put more stress on yr knees. Go for walks. And I mean long walks, not short ones. Get really good shoes first. If u can swim, then even better. Go for swims.

Do you take alot of sweet stuffs? Like teh with milk, milo with milk or sugary drinks etc... Cut your sugar intake will help.

Do you take alot of sweet stuffs? Like teh with milk, milo with milk or sugary drinks etc... Cut your sugar intake will help.

Oh yes. NO FIZZY AND CAN DRINKS TOO

No SUGAR TOTALLY.

if want to cut down sugar totally.

ones has forget pastry, bread and everything ready to eat. cook your own meals with all the raw ingredients.

not a lot of people can afford to do that.

whatever thing you want to do, is all in your mind. The rest are excuses.

sharing an old video

[video=youtube;bIXOo8D9Qsc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bIXOo8D9Qsc[/video]

if want to cut down sugar totally.

ones has forget pastry, bread and everything ready to eat. cook your own meals with all the raw ingredients.

not a lot of people can afford to do that.

It's not cutting off totally. It's to reduce by large amount.

Me as example, I don't take can or soft drinks. I take coffee with less less or no sugar. No comdensed milk crap. I still take some pastry, bread, even chocolate, ice cream, etc.

I drink 3 litre of plain water daily.

And I'm still alive and kicking with 70kg weight

It's not cutting off totally. It's to reduce by large amount.

Me as example, I don't take can or soft drinks. I take coffee with less less or no sugar. No comdensed milk crap. I still take some pastry, bread, even chocolate, ice cream, etc.

I drink 3 litre of plain water daily.

And I'm still alive and kicking with 70kg weight

Admitted that I got sweet tooth too. After sugarless tea or plain water for a week or two, will drink can drinks again. Willbwork in that direction first. Maybe sleeps not well, go for sugar during day shift. :(

Will do some light exercise soon, left knee just recovered from bad fall on 2014. Recently chase bus ok already. Will see how by end of the yr. Target to 100kg maybe? :thinks:

Admitted that I got sweet tooth too. After sugarless tea or plain water for a week or two, will drink can drinks again. Willbwork in that direction first. Maybe sleeps not well, go for sugar during day shift. :(

Will do some light exercise soon, left knee just recovered from bad fall on 2014. Recently chase bus ok already. Will see how by end of the yr. Target to 100kg maybe? :thinks:

Ha! I hit the nail!! See, u got a bad diet.

Don't blame the shift work. Its your own discipline problem.

I can tell u. Once yr body gets used to led sugary diet, u will not wan to take sugary food anymore. It's body conditioning.

I can't even rem when was the last time I had any can or soft drink

Ha! I hit the nail!! See, u got a bad diet.

Don't blame the shift work. Its your own discipline problem.

I can tell u. Once yr body gets used to led sugary diet, u will not wan to take sugary food anymore. It's body conditioning.

I can't even rem when was the last time I had any can or soft drink

I becoming alert at night, sleepy during the day. So, need some sugar for my diet else hard to control. Maybe got addicted to it but also cut down as compare to last time. Just drank a cup of tea but added honey to sweeten it. Saw an article about honey and cinnamon will help to reduce weight, will try it out.

Well, I'm a hard gainer, even for me (granted with age and a slowing of my metabolic rate), daily intake of milo with milk is enough (no need to waste money buy exp weight gainer :)) to make me gain weight + double chin + spare tire. And I've tried ways to gain weight (eg. 2 bowls of rice for lunch), and increasing sugar intake is the confirm + chop one. I've got an overweight friend who once told me that taking sweet food/drink to him, brings "color" to his world, well that is a problem that goes way deeper liao.

Last edited: